For fans of seafood and shellfish, this is your tour! Ensenada is home to one of Mexico's biggest fishing fleets, so this picturesque port town on the Pacific coast doesn't disappoint when it comes to offering some of the freshest seafood in Mexico. And while seafood is certainly the focus of Ensenada's culinary scene, carnivores won't be disappointed, as the surrounding fincas deliver some of Mexico's finest grass-fed meats.
On this curated and guided full-day foodie tour of Ensenada's culinary delights, you'll eat the best Baja-style fish tacos right where they were invented, sip a margarita at the iconic cantina where Mexico's most famous cocktail was conceived, enjoy street-style beef and pork tacos at the region's famous truck-stop-taco-stand, and down fresh ceviche tostadas at the place Anthony Bourdain proclaimed "the best food cart in the world."
ENSENADA EATS TASTING TOUR - SAMPLE ITINERARY
Note: This tour is not offered on Mondays due to limited vendor availability.
- 9:30am: Our bilingual culinary guide and driver will meet your group at the prearranged departure location
- 9:30-10:30am: Drive to Ensenada (departure and drive times vary based on departure location; cruise ship passengers will meet their guide at 10am at the Port of Ensenada's Cruiseport Village)
- 10:30-11:00am: 1st Stop: Visit the most famous fish taco stand in this town that gave birth to the Baja-style fish taco (eat fish tacos, street-side, and learn the history of this famous snack; note that fish tacos are considered a breakfast food in Mexico, and should be eaten first thing in the day to ensure freshness)
- 11:00-11:15am: Drive to next stop
- 11:15-11:45am: 2nd Stop: Visit the seafood cart that Anthony Bourdain proclaimed "the best food cart in the world" (eat freshly prepared ceviche tostadas, street-side; we need to be here early, because the line gets long later in the day)
- 11:45-12:15pm: Drive to next stop
- 12:15-1:00pm: 3rd Stop: Visit an iconic truckstop taqueria on the outskirts of town, famous amongst locals, truckers and surfers alike (eat street-style "birria" tacos, carne asada tacos, "al pastor" tacos," fish tacos, and shrimp tacos; drink an agua fresca)
- 1:00-1:30pm: Drive to next stop
- 1:30-2:30pm: 4th Stop: Stroll through Ensenada's famed open-air fish market, stopping to take photos of the daily catch, then duck into a local's favorite cevicheria located right on the waterfront (eat elegantly prepared "tiradito" or "aqua chile", washing it down with a local craft beer from the #1 rated microbrewery in Mexico)
- 2:30-2:45pm: Drive to next stop
- 2:45-3:30pm: 5th Stop: Visit the iconic cantina where Mexico's most famous cocktail, the margarita, was said to have been invented (drink a margarita and enjoy being serenaded by the mariachis at this turn of the century landmark)
- 3:30-4:00pm: Tummy full, and pleasantly buzzed, sit back and enjoy the picturesque drive back to your tour's departure location (drive time will vary based on your return location - optionally, cruise ship passengers may elect to walk back to their ship along First Street to shop for curios and gifts - a map with detailed directions back to the Cruiseport Village will be provided)
All-inclusive foodie tour package for two or more people | Group discounts & private tours available | Round-trip transportation in our air-conditioned tour vehicle | Our bilingual culinary guides are knowledgable ambassadors of Northern Baja California's culinary scene | This particular culinary tour is designed for meat eaters, and is thus not advised for vegetarians or vegans.
BOOK THIS TASTING TOUR
For more information about our Ensenada Eats tasting tour for two or more people, including a price quote for your group, please complete the inquiry form below.