Sit back and enjoy the ride as we guide you and your taste buds through a mouthwatering exploration of Baja California's Valle de Guadalupe, Mexico's wine country. This same-day group tour will feature stunning valley views, unique architecture, award-winning handcrafted artisan wine, locally produced artisan cheeses, cold pressed organic olive oil, and farm-to-table regional cuisine at a chic campestre eatery overlooking the vineyards. Baja Test Kitchen tasting tours are designed for wine and food enthusiasts, and we've done all the planning and logistics work for you!
ITINERARY: 3 WINERIES + GOURMET LUNCH - February 4th
- 8:30-9:00am: Meet your bilingual culinary guide and driver at the designated meeting point on the US side of the US-Mexico border in San Ysidro, California (Tijuana border crossing). Your guide will walk the group across the border, through Mexican Immigration to our tour vehicle awaiting on the Mexico side. It's an easy drive to the meeting point, or take public transportation (San Diego Trolley), taxi, or Uber
- 9:00-11:00am: Drive to Alximia Winery in the Valle de Guadalupe, Mexico's Wine Country
- 11:00-12:00pm: Taste four handcrafted wines, and tour Alximia Winery's one-of-a-kind eco-friendly winemaking facility, an architectural marvel in the Valle de Guadalupe
- 12:00-12:30pm: Drive to the Valle de Guadalupe's premier artisan cheese monger (name withheld - some places we keep secret to preserve their small business charm)
- 12:30-1:00pm: Taste from a variety of expertly prepared and carefully aged local cheeses, olive oils, cured olives, salsas, and homemade marmalades
- 1:00-1:30pm: Drive to Viña Frannes Winery
- 1:30-3:00pm: Taste five handcrafted French-style wines and enjoy a campestre-style multi-course tasting menu for lunch, served "al fresco" (weather permitting) overlooking the vineyards at Viña Frannes Winery
- 3:00-3:30pm: Drive to Villa Montefiori Winery
- 3:30-4:30pm: Taste four Italian-style artisan wines while taking in the stunning views as the late evening sun sets over the vineyards at Villa Montefiori Winery
- 4:30-6:00pm: Tummy full, and pleasantly buzzed, sit back and enjoy the picturesque drive back to the border in Tijuana, Mexico (stop for restrooms as necessary; your guide will drop you off directly in front of the entry to the pedestrian border crossing where you will cross by foot back into the U.S.)
- 6:00-6:30pm: After clearing U.S. immigration and customs, walk back to your car parked in San Ysidro, California, or catch the San Diego Trolley, taxi, or Uber (arrival time in San Ysidro is highly dependent on the actual border wait time, which varies - BTK has no ability to affect actual border wait time)
Inquire below for pricing - group discounts are available. Space is limited. Book early to confirm your participation. Our tours are reserved and confirmed on a first-paid basis. When scheduling conflicts occur, priority is given to the customer who pays first.
All food and beverage as described in the itinerary above: 3 complete wine tastings, an artisan cheese tasting, and a multi-course gourmet lunch overlooking the vineyards (tasting menu with share plates; non-alcoholic drink included; wine and craft beer for purchase) | Round-trip transportation in a well appointed air-conditioned tour vehicle from our designated border meeting point | Your bilingual culinary guide is a knowledgable ambassador of Northern Baja California's culinary scene | All itinerary times above are approximate and vendors may be substituted based on their availability | Tour guide gratuity is not included
BOOK THIS TASTING TOUR - SATURDAY, February 4th, 2017
For more information about this group tasting tour on February 4th, 2017, please complete and submit the inquiry form below.