TJ BITES is a curated and guided foodie dream tour of Tijuana's vibrant culinary scene. This full-day tour visits gourmet restaurants, world-famous taco stands, locals-only street carts, a Mexican craft brewery, the birthplace of the iconic Caesar Salad, and Tijuana's famed outdoor produce market. You’ll eat the best tacos and sip amazing craft beers and cocktails. As you and your guide wind through Tijuana's barrios, you'll be walking (and tasting) right in the footsteps of Anthony Bourdain, Andrew Zimmern, and Chef Rick Bayless!
ITINERARY: TIJUANA BITES TASTING TOUR - January 15t
- 9:30-9:45am: Meet your bilingual culinary guide and driver at the designated meeting point on the US side of the US-Mexico border in San Ysidro, California (Tijuana border crossing). It's an easy drive to the meeting point, or take public transportation (San Diego Trolley), taxi, or Uber
- 9:45-10:00am: Walk across border to Tijuana with your guide
- 10:00-10:30am: Drive to Mercado Hidalgo
- 10:30-12:30pm: Stop 1: Tour Mercado Hidalgo, Tijuana’s famed produce market (eat street-style tacos, tamales, and mariscos (seafood cocktails) from several vendors surrounding the market; drink an agua fresca or liquiado)
- 12:30-1:00pm: Drive to Avenida Revolución
- 1:00-2:00pm: Stop 2: Visit Caesar’s Restaurant, the home of the iconic Caesar Salad (eat Caesar salad and its cousin, Victor's Salad; drink a glass of Valle de Guadalupe wine or a local craft beer)
- 2:00-2:30pm: Drive to Las Ahumaderas, aka "Taco Alley"
- 2:30-3:00pm: Stop 3: Visit Las Ahumaderas (eat street-style tacos; drink Mexican Coca-Cola)
- 3:00-3:30pm: Drive to BCB Tasting Room & Verde y Crema
- 3:30-4:45pm: Stop 4: Visit BCB Tasting Room & Verde y Crema (drink craft beer tasting flight at BCB; eat gourmet tacos & tapas at Verde y Crema; drink a craft cocktail at Verde y Crema)
- 4:45-5:15pm: Drive to Venus Chocolates & Das Cortez Coffee Shop
- 5:15-5:45pm: Stop 5: Visit Venus Chocolates (eat a mezcal, tequila or wine-infused chocolate truffle), then finish the day with an expertly prepared espresso drink from Das Cortez
- 5:45-6:15pm: Drive back to U.S. border inspection station in Tijuana, Mexico (your guide will drop you off at the entry to the pedestrian border crossing)
- 6:15-7:30pm: After clearing U.S. immigration and customs, hail Uber or taxi, take Trolley, or walk back to your car parked in San Ysidro, CA (actual arrival time in San Ysidro is highly dependent on actual border wait time, which varies - BTK has no ability to affect actual border wait time)
Inquire below for pricing - group discounts are available. Space is limited. Book early to confirm your participation. Our tours are reserved and confirmed on a first-paid basis. When scheduling conflicts occur, priority is given to the customer who pays first.
All food and beverage as described in the itinerary above | Round-trip transportation in a well appointed air-conditioned tour vehicle from our designated border meeting point | Your bilingual culinary guide is a knowledgable ambassador of Northern Baja California's culinary scene | All itinerary times above are approximate and vendors may be substituted based on their availability | Tour guide gratuity is not included
BOOK THIS TASTING TOUR - sunday, January 15th, 2017
For more information about this group tasting tour on January 15th, 2017, please complete and submit the inquiry form below.