Craft beer nerds in-the-know are proclaiming Tijuana the capital of Mexican craft brewing. And since only a few of these innovative craft beers have crossed North, you'll need to dust off your passport to join our curated and guided tour of Latin America's fastest growing craft beer movement.
Balancing your intake of Mexico's high-octane craft beer, we'll introduce you to some of the most famous street-style taco stands in Tijuana. From classic carne asada, to Guadalajaran-style "birria", to the hand-carved "al pastor" pork taco, and perhaps a crispy fish taco for good measure, we'll stave off your hunger pains with the best-of-the-best street tacos in Tijuana.
ITINERARY: CRAFT BEER + STREET TACOS - JULY 21ST
- 9:45-10:00am: Meet your bilingual culinary guide and driver at the designated meeting point on the US side of the US-Mexico border in San Ysidro, California (Tijuana border crossing). It's an easy drive to the meeting point, or take public transportation (San Diego Trolley), taxi, or Uber
- 10:00-10:30am: Cross the border on foot with your guide, and then drive to the first stop for tacos at Tijuana’s famed outdoor produce market
- 10:30-12:00pm: 1st Stop: Visit Tijuana's famous open-air market (get your belly ready for an afternoon of beer drinking by eating tamales, "birria" tacos, carne asada tacos, fish tacos, and/or shrimp tacos)
- 12:00-12:30pm: Drive to Avenida Revolución
- 12:30-2:30pm: 2nd Stop: Visit three microbreweries that are hidden away from the normal tourist hustle and bustle that is Avenida Revolución, Tijuana's famed "zona centro" tourist district; take in vibrant street art located along one of Tijuana's back-alley "pasajes" (drink a 3 or 4-beer taster flight at each of the three microbreweries on this stop)
- 2:30-3:00pm: Drive away from the hustle and bustle of Tijuana's tourist district to "taco alley," a locals favorite spot where a row of neatly organized food stands offers up some of the best street-style tacos in Tijuana
- 3:00-3:30pm: 3rd Stop: Visit "taco alley" (eat freshly prepared "al pastor" tacos, where the pork is carved right from the spit into your tortilla; quesadillas are available for those who don't eat pork)
- 3:30-3:45pm: Drive to Tijuana's premier craft beer bar
- 3:45-4:30pm: 4th Stop: Visit Tijuana's renowned craft beer bar where you'll find 42 beers on tap, and over 300 in bottles (drink a 3-beer taster flight or a pint of beer)
- 4:30-5:00pm: Drive to an old mall that's been reinvented as Tijuana's craft beer mecca, where you'll find tasting rooms for many of the Region's microbreweries
- 5:00-6:30pm: 5th Stop: Visit three craft beer tasting rooms (drink 3-beer taster flights at each tasting room, or a pint at each); if you're having a good time, you may elect to end the tour here, and Uber/taxi back to the border on your own... -OR-
- 6:30-7:00pm: Tummy full, and pleasantly buzzed, drive back to the U.S. border station in Tijuana, Mexico (your guide will drop you off directly in front of the entry to the pedestrian border crossing where you will cross by foot back into the U.S.)
- 7:00-7:30pm: After clearing U.S. immigration and customs, walk back to your car parked in San Ysidro, California, or catch the San Diego Trolley, taxi, or Uber (arrival time in San Ysidro is highly dependent on the actual border wait time, which varies - BTK has no ability to affect actual border wait time)
Price & BOOKING INFO
$139 per person - purchase above. Inquire for group discounts for six or more people. Space is limited. Price is per person. Book early to confirm your participation. Our tours are reserved and confirmed on a first-paid basis. When scheduling conflicts occur, priority is given to the customer who pays first. This particular culinary tour is designed for meat eaters, and is thus not advised for vegetarians or vegans. Our scheduled group tours are not appropriate for bachelor/bachelorette parties - book a private tasting tour for your group. Tours run rain or shine. Must be 18+ years old to participate - minors will not be allowed to participate. Participation requires valid passport and if applicable, a valid multiple-entry Visa or U.S. Resident Card. Consult our Payment Terms & Conditions before purchasing.
All food and beverage as described in the itinerary above: beer tasting flights and street tacos until you're stuffed | Round-trip transportation in a well appointed air-conditioned tour vehicle from our designated border meeting point | Your bilingual culinary guide is a knowledgable ambassador of Northern Baja California's craft beer scene | All itinerary times above are approximate and vendors may be substituted based on their availability | Tour guide gratuity is not included
PURCHASE THIS TASTING TOUR NOW
Purchase this tasting tour above. If you have a coupon or gift certificate code, or for more information about this group tasting tour on July 21st, 2017, please complete and submit the inquiry form below before making your purchase...