Sit back and enjoy the ride as we guide you and your taste buds through a mouthwatering exploration of Baja California's Valle de Guadalupe, Mexico's wine country. This same-day group tour will feature stunning valley views, unique architecture, award-winning handcrafted artisan wine, cold pressed organic olive oil, and farm-to-table regional cuisine from celebrity Chef Javier Plascencia at his chic campestre eatery overlooking the vineyards. Baja Test Kitchen tasting tours are designed for wine and food enthusiasts, and we've done all the planning and logistics work for you!
ITINERARY: 3 WINERIES + GOURMET LUNCH - march 18th
- 8:30-9:00am: Meet your bilingual culinary guide and driver at the designated meeting point on the US side of the US-Mexico border in San Ysidro, California (Tijuana border crossing). Your guide will walk the group across the border, through Mexican Immigration to our tour vehicle awaiting on the Mexico side. It's an easy drive to the meeting point, or take public transportation (San Diego Trolley), taxi, or Uber
- 9:00-10:30am: Drive to Las Nubes Winery in the Valle de Guadalupe, Mexico's Wine Country
- 10:30-12:00pm: Taste five handcrafted wines (including their new releases!), and nosh on local artisan cheese and tapas while enjoying the expansive views of the Valle de Guadalupe from the sun deck at Las Nubes Winery; take a behind-the-scenes guided tour of the winemaking process at Las Nubes
- 12:00-12:30pm: Drive to Viñas de Garza Winery
- 12:30-1:30pm: Taste six handcrafted wines on the open-air terraza overlooking the rolling vineyards of Viñas de Garza Winery
- 1:30-2:00pm: Drive to Finca Altozano
- 2:00-3:30pm: Eat a wood-fired gourmet multi-course tasting menu, served "al fresco" overlooking the vineyards at James Beard nominee and celebrity Chef Javier Plascencia's chic campestre-style restaurant, Finca Altozano (blankets available if it's chilly)
- 3:30-4:00pm: Drive to Vena Cava Winery
- 4:00-5:00pm: Taste five artisan wines and organic cold-pressed olive oil at Vena Cava Winery; tour the unique winemaking facilities at this one-of-a-kind architectural marvel
- 5:00-6:30pm: Tummy full, and pleasantly buzzed, sit back and enjoy the picturesque drive back to the border in Tijuana, Mexico (stop for restrooms as necessary; your guide will drop you off directly in front of the entry to the pedestrian border crossing where you will cross by foot back into the U.S.)
- 6:30-7:00pm: After clearing U.S. immigration and customs, walk back to your car parked in San Ysidro, California, or catch the San Diego Trolley, taxi, or Uber (arrival time in San Ysidro is highly dependent on the actual border wait time, which varies - BTK has no ability to affect actual border wait time)
Inquire below for pricing - group discounts are available. Space is limited. Book early to confirm your participation. Our tours are reserved and confirmed on a first-paid basis. When scheduling conflicts occur, priority is given to the customer who pays first.
All food and beverage as described in the itinerary above: 3 complete wine tastings, and a multi-course gourmet lunch overlooking the vineyards (tasting menu with share plates; non-alcoholic drink included; wine and craft beer for purchase) | Round-trip transportation in a well appointed air-conditioned tour vehicle from our designated border meeting point | Your bilingual culinary guide is a knowledgable ambassador of Northern Baja California's culinary scene | All itinerary times above are approximate and vendors may be substituted based on their availability | Tour guide gratuity is not included
BOOK THIS TASTING TOUR - SATURDAY, MARCH 18th, 2017
For more information about this group tasting tour on March 18th, 2017, please complete and submit the inquiry form below.