Sit back and enjoy the ride as we guide you and your taste buds through a mouthwatering exploration of Baja California's Valle de Guadalupe, Mexico's wine country. This ship-to-shore excursion is specifically designed for cruise ship passengers visiting the Port of Ensenada, and will feature handcrafted artisan wine, cold pressed organic olive oil, and farm-to-table regional cuisine from Celebrity Chef Diego Hernandez at his chic gastro food truck overlooking the vineyards. Baja Test Kitchen tasting tours are designed for wine and food enthusiasts, and we've done all the planning and logistics work for you!
ITINERARY: 3 WINERIES + GOURMET LUNCH - OCTOBER 19th
- 9:30-9:45am: Meet your bilingual culinary guide and driver at our designated meeting point at the Port of Ensenada, adjacent to the Cruise Port Terminal
- 9:45-10:30am: Drive to Villa Montefiori Winery in the Valle de Guadalupe, Mexico's Wine Country
- 10:30-11:30am: Taste four Italian-inspired handcrafted wines while enjoying the expansive Valley views from the sundeck at Villa Montefiori Winery
- 11:30-12:00pm: Drive to La Villa del Valle for lunch and wine tasting
- 12:00-1:00pm: Taste five artisan wines and cold-pressed olive oil at Vena Cava Winery, one of Mexico's best micro-wineries; tour the unique winemaking facilities at this one-of-a-kind architectural marvel
- 1:00-2:00pm: Eat a wood-fired gourmet multi-course tasting menu, served "al fresco" overlooking the vineyards at celebrity Chef Diego Hernandez's chic gasto food truck, TROIKa, on the grounds of La Villa del Valle and Vena Cava Winery
- 2:00-2:30pm: Drive to Lechuza Vineyards
- 2:30-3:30pm: Enjoy five artisan wines right in the Vineyards at Lechuza Winery which was recently selected by the French Laundry in Napa for their Mexican wine list. Nosh of local artisan cheeses and olive oil, then take a tour of the cellar with the winemaker.
- 3:30-4:30pm: Tummy full, and pleasantly buzzed, sit back and enjoy the picturesque drive back to your tour's departure location at the Port of Ensenada
Price & BOOKING INFO
$159 per person - purchase below. Inquire for group discounts for six or more people. Space is limited. Price is per person. Book early to confirm your participation. Our tours are reserved and confirmed on a first-paid basis. When scheduling conflicts occur, priority is given to the customer who pays first. This culinary tour can accommodate vegetarians and pescatarians, but is not advised for vegans. This culinary tour can accommodate vegetarians and pescatarians, but is not advised for vegans. This scheduled group tour is not appropriate for bachelor or bachelorette parties - book a private tasting tour for your group. Tours run rain or shine. Must be 18+ years old to participate - minors will not be allowed to participate. Participation requires valid passport and if applicable, a valid multiple-entry Visa or U.S. Resident Card. Consult our Payment Terms & Conditions before purchasing.
All food and beverage as described in the itinerary above: three complete wine tastings, and a multi-course gourmet lunch overlooking the vineyards (tasting menu with share plates; non-alcoholic beverage included with lunch; wine & craft beer available for purchase) | Round-trip transportation in a well appointed air-conditioned tour vehicle from our designated meeting point at the Port of Ensenada | Your bilingual culinary guide is a knowledgable ambassador of Northern Baja California's wine and culinary scene | All itinerary times above are approximate and vendors may be substituted based on their availability | Tour guide gratuity is not included
PURCHASE THIS SHORE EXCURSION NOW
Purchase this tasting tour above. If you have a coupon or gift certificate code, or for more information about this shore excursion group tasting tour from the Port of Ensenada on Thursday, October 19th, 2017, please complete and submit the inquiry form below before making your purchase...