Sit back and enjoy the ride as we guide you and your taste buds through a mouthwatering exploration of Baja California's Valle de Guadalupe, Mexico's wine country. This same-day group tour will feature stunning valley views, unique architecture, award-winning handcrafted wine, local artisan cheeses, cold pressed organic olive oil, and farm-to-table regional cuisine at a chic gourmet eatery overlooking the vineyards. Baja Test Kitchen tasting tours are designed for wine and food enthusiasts, and we've done all the planning and logistics work for you!
ITINERARY: 2 WINERIES + CHEESE STOP + GOURMET LUNCH - SEPTEMBER 9TH
- 8:30-8:45am: Meet your bilingual culinary guide and driver at the designated meeting point on the US side of the US-Mexico border in San Ysidro, California (Tijuana border crossing). It's an easy drive to the meeting point, or take public transportation (San Diego Trolley), taxi, or Uber
- 8:45-9:00am: Walk across the border with your guide, through the Mexican border inspection station, to our tour vehicle waiting on the other side
- 9:00-10:30am: Drive to Lechuza Winery in the Valle de Guadalupe, Mexico's Wine Country (stop for restrooms as necessary)
- 10:30-12:00pm: Taste five handcrafted wines (recently selected by The French Laundry in Napa for their Mexican wine list), and nosh on local artisan cheese while overlooking the vineyards at Lechuza Winery; complete your tasting in Lechuza's cellar as their winemaker describes their award-winning winemaking practices
- 12:00-12:30pm: Drive to the Valle de Guadalupe's premier artisan cheese monger (name withheld - some places we keep secret to preserve their small business charm)
- 12:30-1:00pm: Taste from a variety of expertly prepared and carefully aged local cheeses, olive oils, cured olives, salsas, and homemade marmalades
- 1:00-1:30pm: Drive to Bodegas F. Rubio Winery
- 1:30-3:30pm: Enjoy a specially catered multi-course gourmet lunch paired with four wine tastings, while overlooking the vineyards at Bodegas F. Rubio Winery
- 3:30-5:00pm: Tummy full, and pleasantly buzzed, sit back and enjoy the picturesque drive back to the border in Tijuana, Mexico (stop for restrooms as necessary; your guide will drop you off directly in front of the entry to the pedestrian border crossing where you will cross by foot back into the U.S.)
- 5:00-5:30pm: After clearing U.S. immigration and customs, walk back to your car parked in San Ysidro, California, or catch the San Diego Trolley, taxi, or Uber (arrival time in San Ysidro is highly dependent on the actual border wait time, which varies - BTK has no ability to affect actual border wait time)
Price & BOOKING INFO
$159 per person - purchase below. Inquire for group discount for six or more. Space is limited. Price is per person. Book early to confirm your participation. Our tours are reserved and confirmed on a first-paid basis. When scheduling conflicts occur, priority is given to the customer who pays first. This culinary tour can accommodate vegetarians and pescatarians, but is not advised for vegans. This scheduled group tour is not appropriate for bachelor or bachelorette parties - book a private tasting tour for your group. Tours run rain or shine. Must be 18+ years old to participate - minors will not be allowed to participate. Participation requires valid passport and if applicable, a valid multiple-entry Visa or U.S. Resident Card. Consult our Payment Terms & Conditions before purchasing.
All food and beverage as described in the itinerary above: 2 complete wine tastings, a dedicated cheese tasting, and a multi-course gourmet lunch overlooking the vineyards (tasting menu with share plates; wine tasting with lunch; additional wine and craft beer available for purchase) | Round-trip transportation in a well appointed air-conditioned tour vehicle from our designated border meeting point | Your bilingual culinary guide is a knowledgable ambassador of Northern Baja California's culinary scene | All itinerary times above are approximate and vendors may be substituted based on their availability | Tour guide gratuity is not included
PURCHASE THIS TASTING TOUR NOW
Purchase this tasting tour above. If you have a coupon or gift certificate code, or for more information about this group tasting tour on September 9th, 2017, please complete and submit the inquiry form below before making your purchase...