TJ BITES is a curated and guided foodie dream tour of Tijuana's vibrant culinary scene. This full-day tour visits gourmet restaurants, world-famous taco stands, locals-only street carts, a Mexican craft brewery, the birthplace of the iconic Caesar Salad, and Tijuana's famed outdoor produce market. You’ll eat the best tacos and sip amazing craft beers and cocktails. As you and your guide wind through Tijuana's barrios, you'll be walking (and tasting) right in the footsteps of Anthony Bourdain, Andrew Zimmern, and Chef Rick Bayless!
TIJUANA BITES TASTING TOUR - SAMPLE ITINERARY
Note: This tour is not offered on Mondays due to limited vendor availability. This tasting tour is not well suited for vegetarians.
- 9:30am: Our bilingual culinary guide and driver will meet your group at the prearranged departure location
- 9:30-10:30am: Drive to Tijuana (departure and drive times vary based on departure location)
- 10:30-12:30pm: 1st Stop: Tour Tijuana’s famed produce market (eat street-style birria tacos, carne asada tacos, fish tacos, and shrimp tacos; drink an agua fresca or liquiado)
- 12:30-1:00pm: Drive to Avenida Revolución
- 1:00-3:00pm: 2nd Stop: Visit the home of the Caesar Salad (eat Caesar salad; drink a glass of Valle de Guadalupe wine); Visit a Mexican microbrewery (drink: 3-beer taster flight of Mexican craft beer); Visit a stylish gastro bar (eat modern-Mexican tapas; drink mezcal craft cocktail)
- 3:00-3:30pm: Drive to a chic gourmet taco joint that boasts Tijuana's only "experimental taco menu"
- 3:30-4:30pm: 3rd Stop: Visit Tijuana's hippest taco spot (eat gourmet tacos; drink craft beer or agua fresca)
- 4:30-5:00pm: Drive to Tijuana's premier chocolatier
- 5:00-5:30pm: 4th Stop: Visit Tijuana’s Premier Chocolatier (eat a handcrafted mezcal, tequila or wine-infused chocolate truffle)
- 5:30-6:30pm: Tummy full, and pleasantly buzzed, sit back and enjoy the picturesque drive back to your tour's departure location (drive time will vary based on your return location)
All-inclusive foodie tour package for two or more people | Group discounts & private tours available | Round-trip transportation in our air-conditioned tour vehicle | Our bilingual culinary guides are knowledgable ambassadors of Northern Baja California's culinary scene
BOOK THIS TASTING TOUR
For more information about our TJ BITES tasting tours for two or more people, including a price quote for your group, please complete the inquiry form below.