Craft beer nerds in-the-know are proclaiming Tijuana the capital of Mexican craft brewing. And since only a few of these innovative craft beers have crossed North, you'll need to dust off your passport to join our curated and guided tour of Latin America's fastest growing craft beer movement.
Balancing your intake of Mexico's high-octane craft beer, we'll introduce you to some of the most famous street-style taco stands in Tijuana. From classic carne asada, to Guadalajaran-style "birria", to the hand-carved "al pastor" pork taco, and perhaps a crispy fish taco for good measure, we'll stave off your hunger pains with the best-of-the-best street tacos in Tijuana.
TIJUANA CRAFT BEER + STREET TACOS TOUR - SAMPLE ITINERARY
Note: This tour is not offered on Sundays or Mondays due to limited vendor availability. This tasting tour is not well suited for vegetarians.
- 9:30am: Our bilingual culinary guide and driver will meet your group at the prearranged departure location
- 9:30-10:30am: Drive to Tijuana (departure and drive times vary based on departure location)
- 10:30-12:00pm: 1st Stop: Visit Tijuana's famous open-air market (get your belly ready for an afternoon of beer drinking by eating "birria" tacos, carne asada tacos, fish tacos, and shrimp tacos)
- 12:00-12:30pm: Drive to Avenida Revolución
- 12:30-3:00pm: 2nd Stop: Visit three microbreweries that are hidden away from the normal tourist hustle and bustle that is Avenida Revolución, Tijuana's famed "zona centro" tourist district; take in vibrant street art located along one of Tijuana's back-alley "pasajes" (drink a 3 or 4-beer taster flight at each of the three microbreweries on this stop)
- 3:00-3:30pm: Drive away from the hustle and bustle of Tijuana's tourist district to "taco alley," a locals favorite spot where a row of neatly organized food stands offers up some of the best street-style tacos in Tijuana
- 3:30-4:00pm: 3rd Stop: Visit "taco alley" (eat freshly prepared "al pastor" tacos, where the pork is carved right from the spit into your tortilla)
- 4:00-4:15pm: Drive to Tijuana's premier craft beer bar
- 4:15-5:00pm: 4th Stop: Visit Tijuana's renowned craft beer bar where you'll find 42 beers on tap, and over 300 in bottles (drink a 3-beer taster flight or a pint of beer)
- 5:00-5:30pm: Drive to an old mall that's been reinvented as Tijuana's craft beer mecca, where you'll find tasting rooms for many of the Region's microbreweries
- 5:30-7:00pm: 5th Stop: Visit three craft beer tasting rooms (drink 3-beer taster flights at each tasting room, or a pint at each)
- 7:00-7:30pm: Drive back to U.S. border inspection station in Tijuana, Mexico (your guide will drop you off at the entry to the pedestrian border crossing) – END OF TOUR
- 7:30-8:00pm: After clearing U.S. immigration and customs, hail Uber or taxi, take Trolley, or walk back to your car parked in San Ysidro, CA (actual arrival time in San Ysidro is highly dependent on actual border wait time, which varies - BTK has no ability to affect actual border wait time)
All-inclusive craft beer tour package for two or more people | Group discounts & private tours available | Round-trip transportation in our air-conditioned tour vehicle | Our bilingual culinary guides are knowledgable ambassadors of Northern Baja California's craft beer movement | This particular culinary tour is designed for meat eaters, and is thus not advised for vegetarians or vegans.
BOOK THIS TASTING TOUR
For more information about our Craft Beer + Street Tacos tasting tours for two or more people, including a price quote for your group, please complete the inquiry form below.