Craft beer nerds in-the-know are proclaiming Tijuana the capital of Mexican craft brewing. And since only a few of these innovative craft beers have crossed North, you'll need to dust off your passport to join our curated and guided tour of Latin America's fastest growing craft beer movement.
Balancing your intake of Mexico's high-octane craft beer, we'll introduce you to some of the most famous street-style taco stands in Tijuana. From classic carne asada, to Guadalajaran-style "birria", to the hand-carved "al pastor" pork taco, and perhaps a crispy fish taco for good measure, we'll stave off your hunger pains with the best-of-the-best street tacos in Tijuana.
TIJUANA CRAFT BEER + STREET TACOS TOUR - SAMPLE ITINERARY
Important Notes: This tasting tour is not offered on Sundays or Mondays due to limited vendor availability. This tasting tour is not recommended for vegetarians or vegans.
- 9:45-10am: Our bilingual culinary guide and driver will meet your group at the prearranged departure location (if you'll be meeting your guide at our designated border meeting location, on the U.S. side of the border, your guide will be on foot and will walk you across the border to our tour vehicle parked on the Mexico side)
- 10:00-10:30am: Drive to Tijuana's central market (departure and drive times vary based on your departure location)
- 10:30-12:30pm: 1st Stop: Visit Tijuana's famous open-air market for a guided tour of the market and some of the best taco stands in Tijuana (enjoy a "welcome to Mexico" mezcal or Tequilla upon arrival to the market, and then get your belly ready for an afternoon of beer drinking by eating tamales, "birria" tacos, carne asada tacos, fish tacos, and/or shrimp tacos)
- 12:30-1:00pm: Drive to Tijuana's premier gastropub
- 1:00-1:30pm: 2nd Stop: Visit Tijuana's best known gastropub, home to Tijuana's smaller micro-brews not found elsewhere in town (drink a 4-beer taster flight or a pint of beer)
- 1:30-2:00pm: Walk across the street to Tijuana's premier craft beer bar where you'll find 42 beers on tap, and over 300 in bottles (drink a 3-beer taster flight or a pint of beer)
- 2:00-2:15pm: Drive away to "taco alley," a locals favorite spot where a row of neatly organized food stands offers up some of the best street-style tacos in Tijuana
- 2:15-2:45pm: 3rd Stop: Visit "taco alley" (eat freshly prepared "al pastor" tacos, where the pork is carved right from the spit into your tortilla; quesadillas are available for those who don't eat pork)
- 2:45-3:15pm: Drive to Avenida Revolución
- 3:15-6:00pm: 4th Stop: Visit three microbreweries that are hidden away from the normal tourist hustle and bustle that is Avenida Revolución, Tijuana's famed "zona centro" tourist district; take in vibrant street art located along one of Tijuana's back-alley "pasajes" (drink a 4-beer taster flight at each of the microbreweries on this stop)
- 6:00-6:30pm: Pleasantly buzzed, and belly full, drive back to U.S. border inspection station in Tijuana, Mexico (your guide will drop you off at the entry to the pedestrian border crossing; please don't drink and drive - we encourage you to choose a public transport option) – END OF TOUR
- 6:30-7:00pm: After clearing U.S. immigration and customs, hail Uber or taxi, take Trolley, or walk back to your car parked in San Ysidro, CA (actual arrival time in San Ysidro is highly dependent on actual border wait time, which varies - BTK has no ability to affect actual border wait time)
All-inclusive craft beer tour package for two or more people | Group discounts & private tours available | Round-trip transportation from the border in our air-conditioned tour vehicle | Our bilingual culinary guides are knowledgable ambassadors of Northern Baja California's craft beer movement | This particular culinary tour is designed for meat eaters, and is thus not recommended for vegetarians or vegans | Itinerary above is a sample itinerary; your itinerary will vary according to vendor availability on your selected tour date | Please don't drink and drive - we encourage participants to take public transportation to and from this tour
BOOK THIS TASTING TOUR
For more information about our Craft Beer + Street Tacos tasting tours for two or more people, including a price quote for your group, please complete the inquiry form below.