Sit back and enjoy the ride as we guide you and your taste buds through a mouthwatering exploration of Baja California's wine country. Our intimate group tasting tours are designed for wine and culinary enthusiasts who enjoy meeting like-minded culinary explorers, and we've done all the planning and logistics work for you. We focus on award-winning handcrafted wines from boutique producers, and farm-to-table regional cuisine. Our winery and culinary partners are amongst the most renowned in Mexico.
3 BOUTIQUE WINERIES + STOP FOR LUNCH: SAMPLE ITINERARY*
- 8:30-9:00am: Meet your bilingual culinary guide and driver at the designated meeting point on the US side of the US-Mexico border in San Ysidro, California (Tijuana border crossing). Your guide will walk the group across the border, through Mexican Immigration to our tour vehicle awaiting on the Mexico side. It's an easy drive to the meeting point, or take public transportation (San Diego Trolley), taxi, or Uber
- 9:00-11:00am: Drive to Valle de Guadalupe, Mexico's Wine Country (stop for restrooms as necessary)
- 11:00am: Arrive at boutique winery #1
- 11:00am-12:00pm: Taste handcrafted wines and tour the winemaking facilities at boutique winery #1
- 12:00-12:30pm: Drive to boutique winery #2
- 12:30-1:30pm: Taste handcrafted wines and enjoy the scenery at boutique winery #2
- 1:30-2:00pm: Drive to restaurant
- 2:00-3:30pm: Enjoy a relaxing gourmet lunch served 'al fresco,' overlooking the vineyards at one of the Valle de Guadalupe's iconic campestre-style restaurants (dining reservations will be made at a communal table for our entire tour group)
- 3:30-4:00pm: Drive to boutique winery #3
- 4:00-5:00pm: Taste handcrafted wines and enjoy the scenery at boutique winery #3
- 5:00-6:30pm: Tummy full, and pleasantly buzzed, sit back and enjoy the picturesque drive back to the border in Tijuana, Mexico (stop for restrooms as necessary; your guide will drop you off directly in front of the entry to the pedestrian border crossing where you will cross by foot back into the U.S.)
- 6:30-7:00pm: After clearing U.S. immigration and customs, walk back to your car parked in San Ysidro, California, or catch the San Diego Trolley, taxi, or Uber (arrival time in San Ysidro is highly dependent on the actual border wait time, which varies - BTK has no ability to affect actual border wait time)
*This is a sample itinerary only; once your tour date is confirmed, you will receive an email with your actual itinerary; times are approximate and vendors may be substituted on the day of your tour based on their availability; Baja Test Kitchen will select the wineries & restaurant for your itinerary (special requests cannot be accepted); failure to arrive at the designated meeting point on time will constitute your cancellation without refund or credit.
This curated group tour includes round-trip transportation from our designated border meeting point to the Valle de Guadalupe wine region in an air-conditioned tour vehicle | You will visit three of the best boutique wineries in the Valle de Guadalupe with a stop for lunch at one of our favorite campestre-style restaurants where you will dine 'al-fresco' (weather permitting) overlooking the vineyards | This is a transportation-only pay-as-you-go group itinerary and tour package | You are responsible to pay for wine tastings, food, and beverages you consume while on tour | We will make wine tasting and dining reservations for the entire tour group at a communal table/space | Vegetarian options are available | Our winery and restaurant partners accept U.S. dollars, Mexican Pesos, and most major credit cards | Our bilingual culinary guides are knowledgable ambassadors of Northern Baja California's culinary scene | Tour guide gratuity is not included | Tours run rain or shine | This group tour is not available for bachelor or bachelorette parties; such groups must make separate arrangements to reserve a private tour vehicle | Must be 18+ years old to redeem - minors will not be allowed to participate
Promotional VALUE Tour Dates ARE LIMITED
To redeem the promotional value of your Living Social tour voucher(s), you must choose from one of the following promotional value tour dates in 2017. As space is limited on our tours, we encourage voucher holders to request and confirm your tour date early. The promotional value of your voucher(s) may only be redeemed on one (1) of the following dates when an advanced reservation is made and confirmed via the booking form at the bottom of this webpage, and such tour date request is made within ninety (90) days of voucher purchase. The promotional value of your voucher will expire ninety (90) days after purchase. The paid value of your voucher does not expire, but is not subject to our normal pricing for tours booked outside of the following dates:
- Sunday, March 26th, 2017
- Sunday, April 30th, 2017
- Sunday, May 21st, 2017 - SOLD OUT
- Sunday, June 25th, 2017
- Sunday, July 23rd, 2017
- Sunday, August 27th, 2017
- Sunday, September 24th, 2017
- Sunday, October 22nd, 2017
- Sunday, November 19th, 2017
- Sunday, December 10th, 2017
Advanced tour date reservation is required. Every tour participant must be at least 18 years old and carry a valid passport. Everyone in your group must agree to and sign the Baja Test Kitchen Participation Agreement (release of liability) at least three (3) days prior to departure. Read our full Tour Policies before purchasing this deal voucher. This deal is not available for bachelor or bachelorette parties; such groups must make separate arrangements to reserve a private tour vehicle (additional conditions and costs apply).
PAID VALUE OF LIVING SOCIAL VOUCHER DOES NOT EXPIRE
PROMOTIONAL VALUE OF VOUCHER EXPIRES NINETY (90) DAYS AFTER PURCHASE - YOU MUST REQUEST & CONFIRM YOUR TOUR DATE WITHIN NINETY (90) DAYS OF PURCHASING YOUR LIVING SOCIAL VOUCHER - VOUCHER(S) WILL BE REDEEMED AT THE TIME YOUR REQUESTED TOUR DATE IS CONFIRMED
You’ll meet your guide/driver in the morning on the U.S. side of the border at our designated border meeting point in San Ysidro, California (the Tijuana crossing). Upon confirming your tour date, we will email you with detailed driving and parking directions for the designated border meeting point. Round-trip transportation will be provided to three (3) wineries and one (1) restaurant in the Valle de Guadalupe Wine Region (Baja California, Mexico) curated/selected by Baja Test Kitchen. At the end of your tour, you will be dropped off in front of the pedestrian border crossing line on the Mexican side of the border in Tijuana, Mexico - your tour will be officially over at this point. You may elect to cross the border back to the United States immediately, or stay in Mexico to explore a little more on your own.
Voucher purchase is limited to two (2) vouchers per customer in a calendar year (multiple vouchers may only be redeemed on one (1) promotional tour date); voucher redemption is limited to one (1) tour date per customer per calendar year; where multiple vouchers have been purchased by one customer, the vouchers must be combined and redeemed for one (1) promotional tour date (multiple vouchers may not be redeemed by one customer for multiple promotional tour dates); entire voucher value (including multiple vouchers purchased by one customer) must be redeemed for a single tour date; advanced tour reservation is required and promotional tour dates are reserved and confirmed subject to merchant availability; once confirmed, your tour date may not be rescheduled - voucher subject to forfeiture; confirmed tours run rain or shine; failure to arrive at the designated tour meeting point on time will constitute your cancellation without refund or credit; wineries and restaurant visited on tour will be selected by Baja Test Kitchen - our guides/drivers are instructed to stay on the scheduled itinerary; additional fees may apply for additional services not included in this deal; all tour participants must be age 18+ with a valid passport to redeem and participate; all tour participants must meet the minimum health and mobility requirements found in our Tour Policies; all tour participants must agree to and sign the Baja Test Kitchen Participation Agreement (release of liability) at least three (3) days prior to tour date; this deal is not available for bachelor or bachelorette parties - such groups must make separate arrangements to reserve a private tour vehicle; your voucher may not be combined with other coupons, discounts, or promotions; other conditions apply; for inquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org
LIVING SOCIAL VOUCHER HOLDERS - REQUEST YOUR TOUR DATE
If you have purchased one of our Living Social wine tour vouchers, please complete and submit the tour date request form below within ninety (90) days of voucher purchase to request your tour date. As space is limited on our group tours, we encourage voucher holders to request and confirm your tour date early; certain dates may sell out, and thus not be available for booking once sold out. We will email you to confirm our availability for your requested tour date, and redeem your Living Social voucher upon confirmation. Once confirmed, your tour date may not be rescheduled - voucher subject to forfeiture.