Craft beer nerds in-the-know are proclaiming Tijuana the capital of Mexican craft brewing. And since only a few of these innovative craft beers have crossed North, you'll need to dust off your passport to join our curated and guided tour of Latin America's fastest growing craft beer movement.
Balancing your intake of Mexico's high-octane craft beer, we'll introduce you to some of the most famous street-style taco stands in Tijuana. From classic carne asada, to Guadalajaran-style "birria", to the hand-carved "al pastor" pork taco, and perhaps a crispy fish taco for good measure, we'll stave off your hunger pains with the best-of-the-best street tacos in Tijuana.
ITINERARY: CRAFT BEER + STREET TACOS - SEPTEMBER 19TH
- 10:00-10:15am: Meet your bilingual culinary guide and driver at the designated meeting point on the US side of the US-Mexico border in San Ysidro, California (Tijuana border crossing). It's an easy drive to the meeting point, or take public transportation (San Diego Trolley), taxi, or Uber
- 10:15-10:30am: Cross the border on foot with your guide, and then drive to the first stop for tacos at Tijuana’s famed outdoor produce market
- 11:00-12:30pm: 1st Stop: Visit Tijuana's famous open-air market (get your belly ready for an afternoon of beer drinking by eating fresh tamales, "birria" tacos, carne asada tacos, fish tacos, and/or shrimp tacos)
- 12:30-1:00pm: Drive to Tijuana's premier gastropub
- 1:00-1:30pm: 2nd Stop: Visit Tijuana's best known gastropub, home to smaller micro-brews not found elsewhere in town (drink a 4-beer taster flight or a pint of beer)
- 1:30-2:00pm: Walk across the street to Tijuana's premier craft beer bar where you'll find 42 beers on tap, and over 300 in bottles (drink a 3-beer taster flight or a pint of beer)
- 2:00-2:15pm: Drive away to "taco alley," a locals favorite spot where a row of neatly organized food stands offers up some of the best street-style tacos in Tijuana
- 2:15-2:45pm: 3rd Stop: Visit "taco alley" (eat freshly prepared "al pastor" tacos, where the pork is carved right from the spit into your tortilla; quesadillas are available for those who don't eat pork)
- 2:45-3:15pm: Drive to Avenida Revolución
- 3:15-6:00pm: 4th Stop: Visit three microbreweries that are hidden away from the normal tourist hustle and bustle that is Avenida Revolución, Tijuana's famed "zona centro" tourist district; take in vibrant street art located along one of Tijuana's back-alley "pasajes" (drink a 4-beer taster flight at each of the microbreweries on this stop)
- 6:00-6:30pm: Drive back to U.S. border inspection station in Tijuana, Mexico (your guide will drop you off at the entry to the pedestrian border crossing) – END OF TOUR
- 6:30-7:00pm: After clearing U.S. immigration and customs, hail Uber or taxi, take Trolley, or walk back to your car parked in San Ysidro, CA (actual arrival time in San Ysidro is highly dependent on actual border wait time, which varies - BTK has no ability to affect actual border wait time)
PRICE & BOOKING INFO
$149 per person - purchase below. Space is limited. Inquire for group discount for six or more people. Price is per person. Book early to confirm your participation. Our tours are reserved and confirmed on a first-paid basis. When scheduling conflicts occur, priority is given to the customer who pays first. This particular culinary tour is designed for meat eaters, and is not advised for vegetarians or vegans. Our scheduled group tours are not appropriate for bachelor/bachelorette parties - please book a private tasting tour for your group. Tours run rain or shine. Must be 18+ years old to participate - minors will not be allowed to participate. Participation requires valid passport and if applicable, a valid multiple-entry Visa or U.S. Resident Card. Consult our Payment Terms & Conditions before purchasing.
All food and beverage as described in the itinerary above: beer tasting flights and street tacos until you're stuffed | Round-trip transportation in a well appointed air-conditioned tour vehicle from our designated border meeting point | Your bilingual culinary guide is a knowledgable ambassador of Northern Baja California's craft beer scene | All itinerary times above are approximate and vendors may be substituted based on their availability | Tour guide gratuity is not included
BOOK THIS TASTING TOUR NOW
GROUP QUOTE, COUPON OR GIFT CERTIFICATE REDEMPTION, & MORE INFO REQUEST FORM...
Groups of 5 or less, please purchase this tasting tour above. If you have a coupon or gift certificate code, if you are a group of 6+ paying together on a single invoice, or for more information about this group tasting tour on September 19th, 2017, please complete and submit the inquiry form below before making your purchase...