Sit back and enjoy the ride as we guide you through a mouthwatering exploration of Baja California's wine country. This same-day pay-as-you-go group tour will deliver you from our designated border meeting point in San Ysdiro, California (at the Tijuana crossing), to the Valle de Guadalupe Wine Region in Northern Baja California, Mexico. Your expertly curated tasting tour will make three stops at boutique wineries that focus on award-winning handcrafted wines, as well as a leisurely stop for lunch at a farm-to-table campestre-style restaurant where you will dine "al-fresco" (weather permitting) overlooking the vineyards. Baja Test Kitchen tasting tours are designed for wine and food enthusiasts, and we've done all the planning and logistics work for you!
3 BOUTIQUE WINERIES + STOP FOR LUNCH: SAMPLE ITINERARY*
- 8:30-9:00am: Meet your bilingual culinary guide and driver at the designated meeting point on the US side of the US-Mexico border in San Ysidro, California (Tijuana border crossing). Your guide will walk the group across the border, through Mexican Immigration to our tour vehicle awaiting on the Mexico side. It's an easy drive to the meeting point, or take public transportation (San Diego Trolley), taxi, or Uber
- 9:00-11:00am: Drive to Valle de Guadalupe, Mexico's Wine Country (stop for restrooms as necessary)
- 11:00am: Arrive at boutique winery #1
- 11:00am-12:00pm: Taste handcrafted wines and tour the winemaking facilities at boutique winery #1
- 12:00-12:30pm: Drive to boutique winery #2
- 12:30-1:30pm: Taste handcrafted wines and enjoy the scenery at boutique winery #2
- 1:30-2:00pm: Drive to restaurant
- 2:00-3:30pm: Enjoy a relaxing gourmet lunch served 'al fresco,' overlooking the vineyards at one of the Valle de Guadalupe's iconic campestre-style restaurants (dining reservations will be made at a communal table for our entire tour group)
- 3:30-4:00pm: Drive to boutique winery #3
- 4:00-5:00pm: Taste handcrafted wines and enjoy the scenery at boutique winery #3
- 5:00-6:30pm: Tummy full, and pleasantly buzzed, sit back and enjoy the picturesque drive back to the border in Tijuana, Mexico (stop for restrooms as necessary; your guide will drop you off directly in front of the entry to the pedestrian border crossing where you will cross by foot back into the U.S.)
- 6:30-7:00pm: After clearing U.S. immigration and customs, walk back to your car parked in San Ysidro, California, or catch the San Diego Trolley, taxi, or Uber (arrival time in San Ysidro is highly dependent on the actual border wait time, which varies - BTK has no ability to affect actual border wait time)
*This is a sample itinerary only; once your tour date is confirmed, you will receive an email with your actual itinerary; times are approximate and vendors may be substituted on the day of your tour based on their availability; Baja Test Kitchen will select the wineries & restaurant for your itinerary (special requests cannot be accepted); failure to arrive at the designated meeting point on time will constitute your cancellation without refund or credit.
This curated group tour includes round-trip transportation from our designated border meeting point to the Valle de Guadalupe wine region in an air-conditioned tour vehicle | You will visit three of the best boutique wineries in the Valle de Guadalupe with a stop for lunch at one of our favorite campestre-style restaurants where you will dine 'al-fresco' overlooking the vineyards | This is a transportation-only pay-as-you-go group itinerary and tour package | You are responsible to pay for the wine tastings, food, and beverages you consume while on tour | We will make wine tasting and dining reservations for the entire tour group at a communal table/space | Vegetarian options are available | Our winery and restaurant partners accept U.S. dollars, Mexican Pesos, and most accept major credit cards | Our bilingual culinary guides are knowledgable ambassadors of Northern Baja California's culinary scene | Tour guide gratuity is not included | Tours run rain or shine | This group tour is not available for bachelor or bachelorette parties; such groups must make separate arrangements to reserve a private tour vehicle | Must be 18+ years old to participate - minors will not be allowed to participate
TAKE NOTE BEFORE BOOKING & PAYING
Every tour participant must be at least 18 years old and carry a valid passport. Everyone in your group must agree to and sign the Baja Test Kitchen Participation Agreement (release of liability) at least three (3) days prior to departure. Please read our FULL Payment Terms & Conditions and Tour Policies before purchasing this tour. Your payment for this tour constitutes your full acceptance of the Terms, Conditions, and Tour Policies found on the Baja Test Kitchen website. Once paid, there are no refunds and rescheduling is subject to the policies and provisions for rescheduling found in our Payment Terms & Conditions. This tour is not available for bachelor or bachelorette parties; such groups must make separate arrangements to reserve a private tour vehicle (additional conditions and costs apply).