TJ BITES is a curated and guided foodie dream tour of Tijuana's vibrant culinary scene. This full-day tasting tour visits gourmet restaurants, world-famous taco stands, locals-only street carts, a Mexican craft brewery, the birthplace of the iconic Caesar Salad, and Tijuana's famed outdoor produce market. You’ll eat the best tacos and sip amazing craft beers and cocktails. As you and your guide wind through Tijuana's barrios on this comprehensive culinary tour, you'll be walking (and tasting) right in the footsteps of Anthony Bourdain, Andrew Zimmern, and Chef Rick Bayless!
TIJUANA BITES TASTING TOUR - SAMPLE ITINERARY
Note: This tour is not offered on Mondays due to limited vendor availability. This tasting tour is not well suited for strict vegetarians or vegans.
- 9:30am: Our bilingual culinary guide and driver will meet your group at the prearranged departure location
- 9:30-10:30am: Drive to Tijuana (departure and drive times vary based on departure location)
- 10:30-12:30pm: 1st Stop: Tour Tijuana’s famed produce market (eat street-style birria tacos, carne asada tacos, fish tacos, and shrimp tacos; drink an agua fresca or liquiado)
- 12:30-1:00pm: Drive to Avenida Revolución
- 1:00-3:00pm: 2nd Stop: Visit the home of the Caesar Salad (eat Caesar salad; drink a glass of Valle de Guadalupe wine); Visit a Mexican microbrewery (drink: 3-beer taster flight of Mexican craft beer); Visit a stylish gastro bar (eat modern-Mexican tapas; drink mezcal craft cocktail)
- 3:00-3:30pm: Drive to a chic gourmet taco joint that boasts Tijuana's only "experimental taco menu"
- 3:30-4:30pm: 3rd Stop: Visit Tijuana's hippest taco spot (eat gourmet tacos; drink craft beer or agua fresca)
- 4:30-5:00pm: Drive to Tijuana's premier chocolatier
- 5:00-5:30pm: 4th Stop: Visit Tijuana’s Premier Chocolatier (eat a handcrafted mezcal, tequila, or wine-infused chocolate truffle)
- 5:30-6:30pm: Tummy full, and pleasantly buzzed, sit back and enjoy the picturesque drive back to your tour's departure location (drive time will vary based on your return location)
All-inclusive full-day foodie tour package for two or more people | Group discounts & private tours available | All food and beverage included as described in the itinerary above - you'll leave Tijuana stuffed! | Round-trip transportation in our well-appointed air-conditioned tour vehicle | Our bilingual culinary guides are knowledgable ambassadors of Northern Baja California's culinary scene | This particular culinary tour is designed for meat eaters, and is thus not advised for strict vegetarians or vegans | Tour guide gratuity is not included
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT THIS TOUR
This comprehensive foodie dream tour will introduce you to Tijuana's best bites, extending our shorter Taste of Tijuana Market & Street Food Tour, and kicking it up an epicurean notch with an extra stop at one of Tijuana's highly-rated chic gourmet restaurants, where you'll sit down for a more sophisticated taste of Baja California's modern-Mexican cuisine. Did you know that the world-famous Caesar Salad was invented in Tijuana in 1927 during prohibition in the U.S.? Even if you did know that, you probably didn't know that during World War II, some of the key ingredients for this iconic salad became hard to find, prohibitively expensive, or unavailable, prompting Caesar's competitor, the now-defunct Victor's Restaurant, to create an all-Mexican ingredients version of the salad. On this tour, we'll do a "salad showdown," where both salads are made table-side while you watch, and you'll choose the winner! All of our culinary tours will leave you stuffed, but for this tour, we advise participants to wear their stretchy pants. As you're going to eat and drink all day long, there's need to make other meal plans for the day of your tour... So what are your waiting for?
BOOK THIS TASTING TOUR
For more information about our TJ BITES tasting tours for two or more people, including a price quote for your group, please complete the inquiry form below; or view our calendar of upcoming scheduled group tasting tours.