EXPLORE ONE OF MEXICO'S BEST FOOD CITIES!
For fans of seafood and shellfish, this is your tour! Ensenada is home to one of Mexico's biggest fishing fleets, so this picturesque port town on the Pacific coast doesn't disappoint when it comes to offering some of the freshest seafood in Mexico. And while seafood is certainly the focus of Ensenada's culinary scene, carnivores won't be disappointed, as the surrounding fincas deliver some of Mexico's finest grass-fed meats.
On this curated and guided full-day group foodie tour of Ensenada's culinary delights, you'll eat the best Baja-style fish tacos right where they were invented, sip a margarita at the iconic cantina where Mexico's most famous cocktail was conceived, enjoy street-style beef and pork tacos at the region's famous truck-stop-taco-stand, and down fresh ceviche tostadas at the place Anthony Bourdain proclaimed "the best food cart in the world."
ITINERARY: FULL-DAY CULINARY TOUR - JANUARY 17TH
- 10:00-10:15am: Meet your guide at our designated meeting point at the Port of Ensenada
- 10:15-10:30am: Drive to our first stop at the best Birrieria in Ensenada
- 10:30-11:15am: 1st Stop: Birria is a braised meat stew famous in Mexico for being the perfect hangover cure, but was traditionally served for breakfast to peasant farm workers before a long day working the fields; we’ll start the day off right by sampling “tacos de birria” (beef, pork, lamb, or goat) at Ensenada’s iconic birria joint
- 11:15-11:30am: Drive to second stop for Ensenada-style fish tacos
- 11:30-12:00pm: 2nd Stop: Visit one of the most famous fish taco stands in this town that gave birth to the Baja-style fish taco (eat fish tacos, street-side, and learn the history of this famous snack)
- 12:00-12:15pm: Drive to the next stop for freshly made ceviche tostadas
- 12:15-1:00pm: 3rd Stop: Visit the seafood cart/restaurant that Anthony Bourdain proclaimed "the best food cart in the world" (eat a freshly prepared ceviche tostada)
- 1:00-1:15pm: Drive to next stop at the birthplace of the Margarita
- 1:15-1:45pm: 4th Stop: Visit the iconic cantina where Mexico's most famous cocktail, the margarita, was said to have been invented (drink a margarita and enjoy being serenaded by mariachis music at this turn-of-the-century landmark)
- 1:45-2:00pm: Drive to a Mexican craft brewery
- 2:00-2:45pm: 5th Stop: Have a taster flight of craft beers, with a fantastic view of the Pacific, at one of Mexico's best craft breweries
- 2:45-3:00pm: Drive to the next stop one of the best taco stands in Baja
- 3:00-3:30pm: 6th Stop: Visit an iconic truckstop taqueria on the outskirts of town, famous amongst locals, truckers and surfers alike (eat a street-style "al pastor" pork taco carved right from the spit or a wood-fired "carne aside" taco)
- 3:30-4:00pm: Tummy full, and pleasantly buzzed, sit back and enjoy the picturesque drive back to the Port of Ensenada - END OF TOUR
PRICE & BOOKING INFO
$169 per person - purchase now below. Space is limited. Inquire for group discount for six or more people. Price is per person. Book early to confirm your participation. Our tours are reserved and confirmed on a first-paid basis. When scheduling conflicts occur, priority is given to the customer who pays first. This particular culinary tour is designed for meat eaters, and is not advised for vegetarians or vegans. Our scheduled group tours are not appropriate for bachelor/bachelorette parties - please book a private tasting tour for your group. Tours run rain or shine. Must be 18+ years old to participate - minors will not be allowed to participate. Participation requires valid passport and if applicable, a valid multiple-entry Visa or U.S. Resident Card. Consult our Payment Terms & Conditions before purchasing.
All food and beverage as described in the itinerary above: you'll eat tacos and freshly made seafood mariscos until you are stuffed! | Round-trip transportation in a well appointed air-conditioned tour vehicle from the Port of Ensenada | Your bilingual culinary guide is a knowledgable ambassador of Northern Baja California's culinary scene | All itinerary times above except the start time are approximate and vendors may be substituted based on their availability | Tour guide gratuity is not included
BOOK THIS TOUR NOW
GROUP QUOTE, COUPON OR GIFT CERTIFICATE REDEMPTION, & MORE INFO REQUEST FORM...
Groups of 5 or less, please purchase this tasting tour above. If you have a coupon or gift certificate code, if you are a group of 6+ paying together on a single invoice, or for more information about this group tasting tour on January 17th, 2018, please complete and submit the inquiry form below before making your purchase...