SHIP-TO-SHORE MEXICAN WINE COUNTRY TOUR
Sit back and enjoy the ride as we guide you and your taste buds through a mouthwatering exploration of Baja California's Valle de Guadalupe, Mexico's wine country. This expertly curated all-inclusive ship-to-shore tasting tour excursion is specifically designed for cruise ship passengers visiting the Port of Ensenada, and will feature handcrafted boutique wine, local artisan cheeses, cold pressed organic olive oil, and farm-to-table regional cuisine from celebrity Chef Javier Plascencia at his campestre-style eatery overlooking the vineyards. Baja Test Kitchen tasting tours are designed for wine and food enthusiasts, and we've done all the planning and logistics work for you!
ITINERARY: TWO BOUTIQUE WINERIES + ARTISAN CHEESE TASTING STOP + MULTI-COURSE GOURMET LUNCH - FEBRUARY 1ST
- 9:15-9:30am: Meet your bilingual culinary guide and driver at our designated meeting point at the Port of Ensenada, adjacent to the Cruise Port Terminal
- 9:30-10:00am: Drive to the Valle de Guadalupe's premier artisan cheese monger (name withheld - some places we keep secret to preserve their small business charm)
- 10:00-10:30am: Taste from a variety of expertly prepared and carefully aged local cheeses, cold-pressed organic olive oils, cured olives, salsas, and house-made marmalades
- 10:30-11:00am: Drive to Villa Montefiori Winery
- 11:00-12:00: Taste four Italian-inspired handcrafted wines (including their new releases!) while enjoying the expansive views of the Valle de Guadalupe from the sun deck at Villa Montefiori Winery
- 12:00-12:30pm: Drive to Lechuza Vineyards
- 12:30-1:30pm: Enjoy five artisan wines right in the vineyards at Lechuza Winery which was recently selected by the French Laundry in Napa for their Mexican wine list. Nosh of local artisan cheeses and olive oil and meet the winemaker
- 1:30-2:00pm: Drive to Finca Altozano
- 2:00-3:30pm: Sit down for a multi-course campestre-style gourmet lunch served "al fresco" overlooking the vineyards at Finca Altozano, an outdoor eatery by celebrity Chef Javier Placencia
- 3:30-4:15pm: Tummy full, and pleasantly buzzed, sit back and enjoy the picturesque drive back to your tour's departure location at the Port of Ensenada
PRICE & BOOKING INFO
$159 per person - purchase now below. Space is limited. Inquire for group discount for six or more people. Price is per person. Book early to confirm your participation. Our tours are reserved and confirmed on a first-paid basis. When scheduling conflicts occur, priority is given to the customer who pays first. This culinary tour can accommodate vegetarians and pescatarians, but is not advised for vegans. Our scheduled group tours are not appropriate for bachelor/bachelorette parties - please book a private tasting tour for your group. Tours run rain or shine. Must be 18+ years old to participate - minors will not be allowed to participate. Participation requires valid passport. Consult our Payment Terms & Conditions before purchasing.
All food and beverage as described in the itinerary above: two complete wine tastings, a dedicated artisan cheese tasting, and a multi-course gourmet lunch overlooking the vineyards (tasting menu with share plates; non-alcoholic beverage included with lunch; wine & craft beer available for extra purchase) | Round-trip transportation in a well appointed air-conditioned tour vehicle from our designated meeting point at the Port of Ensenada | Your bilingual culinary guide is a knowledgable ambassador of Northern Baja California's wine and culinary scene | All itinerary times above except the start time are approximate and vendors may be substituted based on their availability | Tour guide gratuity is not included
BOOK THIS TASTING TOUR NOW
GROUP QUOTE, COUPON OR GIFT CERTIFICATE REDEMPTION, & MORE INFO REQUEST FORM...
Groups of 5 or less, please purchase this tasting tour above. If you have a coupon or gift certificate code, if you are a group of 6+ paying together on a single invoice, or for more information about this group tasting tour on February 1st, 2018, please complete and submit the inquiry form below before making your purchase...