CREATE UNFORGETTABLE MEMORIES ON THIS GUIDED BAJA CALIFORNIA WINE TOUR!
Sit back and enjoy the ride as we guide you and your taste buds through a mouthwatering exploration of Baja California's Valle de Guadalupe, Mexico's wine country. This tasting tour will feature handcrafted artisan wine, local artisan cheeses, cold pressed organic olive oil, and farm-to-table regional cuisine from James Beard nominated celebrity Chef Javier Plascencia at his campestre-style eatery overlooking the vineyards. Baja Test Kitchen tasting tours are designed for wine and food enthusiasts, and we've done all the planning and logistics work for you!
VISIT THREE BOUTIQUE WINERIES + GOURMET LUNCH - DECEMBER 30TH
- 8:30-8:45am: Meet your bilingual culinary guide and driver at the designated meeting point on the US side of the US-Mexico border in San Ysidro, California (Tijuana border crossing). It's an easy drive to the meeting point, or take public transportation (San Diego Trolley), taxi, or Uber
- 8:45-9:00am: Cross the border on foot with your guide, through Mexican Immigration, to our tour vehicle waiting on the Mexico side
- 9:00-10:30am: Drive to Villa Montefiori Winery in the Valle de Guadalupe, Mexico's Wine Country (stop for restrooms as necessary)
- 10:30-11:30am: Taste four Italian-inspired handcrafted wines while enjoying the expansive Valley views and morning light from the sundeck at Villa Montefiori Winery
- 11:30-12:00pm: Drive to Las Nubes Winery
- 12:00-1:30pm: Taste four handcrafted wines (including their new releases!) and nosh on local artisan cheese while enjoying the expansive views of the Valle de Guadalupe from the sun deck at Las Nubes Winery; take a behind-the-scenes guided tour of the winemaking process at Las Nubes
- 1:30-2:00pm: Drive to Finca Altozano
- 2:00-3:30pm: Sit down for a campestre-style gourmet lunch served "al fresco" overlooking the vineyards at Finca Altozano, an outdoor eatery by James Beard nominated celebrity Chef Javier Plascencia (tasting menu share plates served family style; non-alcoholic beverage included; local wine & beer available for extra purchase; blankets available if it's chilly)
- 3:30-4:00pm: Drive to Vena Cava Winery
- 4:00-5:00pm: Taste five artisan wines and organic cold-pressed olive oil at Vena Cava Winery; tour the unique winemaking facilities at this one-of-a-kind architectural marvel
- 5:00-6:30pm: Tummy full, and pleasantly buzzed, sit back and enjoy the picturesque drive back to the border in Tijuana, Mexico (stop for restrooms as necessary; your guide will drop you off directly in front of the entry to the pedestrian border crossing where you will cross by foot back into the U.S.)
- 6:30-7:30pm: After clearing U.S. immigration and customs, walk back to your car parked in San Ysidro, California, or catch the San Diego Trolley, taxi, or Uber (arrival time in San Ysidro is highly dependent on the actual border wait time, which varies - BTK has no ability to affect actual border wait time)
PRICE & BOOKING INFO
$169 per person - purchase now below. Space is limited. Inquire for group discount for six or more people. Price is per person. Book early to confirm your participation. Our tours are reserved and confirmed on a first-paid basis. When scheduling conflicts occur, priority is given to the customer who pays first. This culinary tour can accommodate vegetarians and pescatarians, but is not advised for vegans. Our scheduled group tours are not appropriate for bachelor/bachelorette parties - please book a private tasting tour for your group. Tours run rain or shine. Must be 18+ years old to participate - minors will not be allowed to participate. Participation requires valid passport and if applicable, a valid multiple-entry Visa or U.S. Resident Card. Consult our Payment Terms & Conditions before purchasing.
All food and beverage as described in the itinerary above: 3 complete wine tasting flights, an artisan cheese tasting at one winery, and a multi-course gourmet lunch overlooking the vineyards (tasting menu with share plates; wine and craft beer available for additional purchase at lunch) | Round-trip transportation in a well appointed air-conditioned tour vehicle from our designated border meeting point | Your bilingual culinary guide is a knowledgable ambassador of Northern Baja California's culinary scene | All itinerary times above except the start time are approximate and vendors may be substituted based on their availability | Tour guide gratuity is not included
BOOK THIS TASTING TOUR NOW
GROUP QUOTE, COUPON OR GIFT CERTIFICATE REDEMPTION, & MORE INFO REQUEST FORM...
Groups of 5 or less, please purchase this tasting tour above. If you have a coupon or gift certificate code, if you are a group of 6+ paying together on a single invoice, or for more information about this group tasting tour on December 30th, 2017, please complete and submit the inquiry form below before making your purchase...