CREATE UNFORGETTABLE MEMORIES ON THIS GUIDED BAJA CALIFORNIA WINE TOUR!
Sit back and enjoy the ride as we guide you and your taste buds through a mouthwatering exploration of Baja California's Valle de Guadalupe, Mexico's wine region. This expertly curated all-inclusive tasting tour will feature handcrafted premium wine, local artisan cheeses, cold pressed organic olive oil, and farm-to-table regional cuisine from James Beard nominated celebrity Chef Javier Plascencia at his campestre-style eatery overlooking the vineyards. Baja Test Kitchen tasting tours are designed for wine and food enthusiasts, and we've done all the planning and logistics work for you!
VISIT THREE OF MEXICO'S BEST BOUTIQUE WINERIES + GOURMET LUNCH - APRIL 14TH
- 8:30-8:45am: Meet your bilingual culinary guide and driver at the designated meeting point on the US side of the US-Mexico border in San Ysidro, California (Tijuana border crossing). It's an easy drive to the meeting point, or take public transportation (San Diego Trolley), taxi, or Uber (additional pick-ups north of Ensenada available by appointment)
- 8:45-9:00am: Cross the border on foot with your guide, through Mexican Immigration, to our tour vehicle waiting on the Mexico side
- 9:00-10:45am: Drive to Wine Factory in the Valle de Guadalupe, Mexico's Wine Country (stop for restrooms as necessary)
- 9:15-10:00am: Make additional stops en-route to Valle de Guadalupe to pick-up additional tour participants as necessary (we can generally accommodate pick-ups in Tijuana, Rosarito Beach, La Misión, North Ensenada, Valle de Guadalupe, and surrounding areas)
- 10:45-12:00pm: Taste five boutique wines at Wine Factory, a modern winemaking operation specializing in high quality small-batch wines, located on a historic winery and brandy distillery site in the middle of a working olive ranch; this winery is not open to the public, so most people don't know about this hidden gem right in the middle of the Valle de Guadalupe! Take a behind-the-scenes guided tour of the historic winemaking facilities, and climb the old distillery tower stairs to discover one of the Valle's most exclusive views.
- 12:00-12:30pm: Drive to Viña de Frannes Winery
- 12:30-1:30pm: Taste four French-inspired boutique wines at Viña de Frannes Winery, a family-owned winery nestled way back into a discrete corner of the Valle de Guadalupe; most people don't know about this hidden gem vineyard that was once owned by Mexican President Rodríguez!
- 1:30-2:00pm: Drive to Finca Altozano
- 2:00-3:30pm: Sit down for a campestre-style gourmet lunch served "al fresco" overlooking the vineyards at Finca Altozano, an outdoor eatery by James Beard nominated celebrity Chef Javier Plascencia (tasting menu share plates served family style; non-alcoholic beverage included; local wine & beer available for extra purchase; blankets available if it's chilly)
- 3:30-4:00pm: Drive to Alximia Winery
- 4:00-5:00pm: Taste four handcrafted wines inspired by the Earth's elements and tour Alximia Winery's one-of-a-kind eco-friendly winemaking facility
- 5:00-6:30pm: Tummy full, and pleasantly buzzed, sit back and enjoy the picturesque drive back to the border in Tijuana, Mexico (interim drop-off stop(s) en route to border and stop for restrooms as necessary; your guide will drop you off directly in front of the entry to the pedestrian border crossing where you will cross by foot back into the U.S.)
- 6:30-7:00pm: After clearing U.S. immigration and customs, walk back to your car parked in San Ysidro, California, or catch the San Diego Trolley, taxi, or Uber (arrival time in San Ysidro is highly dependent on the actual border wait time, which varies - BTK has no ability to affect actual border wait time)
PRICE & BOOKING INFO
$179 per person - purchase now below. Space is limited and group tours typically sell out well in advance of the tour date. Inquire for group discount for six or more people. Price is per person. Book early to confirm your participation - our tours are reserved and confirmed on a first-paid basis. When scheduling conflicts occur, priority is given to the customer who pays first. This culinary tour can accommodate vegetarians and pescatarians, but is not advised for strict vegans. Our scheduled group tours are not appropriate for bachelor/bachelorette parties - please book a private tasting tour for your wedding celebration group. BTK tours are 100% non-smoking/non-vaping. Tours run rain or shine. Must be 18+ years old to participate - minors will not be allowed to participate. Participation requires valid passport and if applicable, a valid multiple-entry Visa or U.S. Resident Card. Consult our Payment Terms & Conditions before purchasing.
All food and beverage as described in the itinerary above: 3 complete wine tasting flights, an artisan cheese tasting at one winery, and a multi-course gourmet lunch overlooking the vineyards (tasting menu with share plates; wine and craft beer available for additional purchase at lunch) | A guided tour of the Mexican winemaking process | Round-trip transportation in a well appointed air-conditioned tour vehicle from our designated border meeting point | Your bilingual culinary guide is a knowledgable ambassador of Northern Baja California's culinary scene | All itinerary times above are approximate except the start time and vendors may be substituted based on their availability | Tour guide gratuity is not included
TOUR DEPARTURE LOCATION & ADDITIONAL PICK-UPS
For participants joining this tour from the U.S., you'll meet your culinary guide on the U.S. side of the border at our designated border meeting point in San Ysidro, California (the Tijuana border crossing). It's an easy drive to this border meeting point (with paid secure parking nearby), or take public transportation (San Diego Trolley), taxi, or Uber. Additional pick-ups en-route to the Valle de Guadalupe are available for participants staying north of Ensenada (we can generally accommodate pick-ups at your hotel or house rental in Tijuana, Rosarito Beach, La Misión, North Ensenada, Valle de Guadalupe, and surrounding areas).
BOOK THIS TASTING TOUR NOW
GROUP QUOTE, COUPON OR GIFT CERTIFICATE REDEMPTION, JOIN WAITING LIST IF SOLD OUT, & MORE INFO REQUEST FORM...
Groups of 5 or less, please purchase this tasting tour above. If you have a coupon or gift certificate code, if you are a group of 6+ paying together on a single invoice, if this tour is sold out and you'd like to join the priority waiting list, or for more information about this group tasting tour on April 14th, 2018, please complete and submit the inquiry form below before making your purchase...