SHIP-TO-SHORE MEXICAN WINE COUNTRY TOUR
Sit back and enjoy the ride as we guide you and your taste buds through a mouthwatering exploration of Baja California's Valle de Guadalupe, Mexico's premier wine region. This expertly curated all-inclusive ship-to-shore tasting tour excursion is specifically designed for cruise ship passengers visiting the Port of Ensenada, and will feature handcrafted premium wine, local artisan cheeses, cold pressed organic olive oil, and farm-to-table regional cuisine from celebrity Chef Javier Plascencia at his campestre-style eatery overlooking the vineyards. Baja Test Kitchen tasting tours are designed for wine and food enthusiasts, and we've done all the planning and logistics work for you!
ITINERARY: VISIT TWO OF MEXICO'S BEST BOUTIQUE WINERIES + MULTI-COURSE GOURMET LUNCH - APRIL 26TH
- 9:45-10:00am: Meet your bilingual culinary guide and driver at our designated meeting point at the Port of Ensenada, adjacent to the Cruise Port Terminal
- 10:00-10:30am: Drive to Wine Factory Winery in the Valle de Guadalupe, Mexico's Wine Country
- 10:30-12:00pm: Taste five boutique wines at Wine Factory, a modern winemaking operation specializing in high quality small-batch wines, located on a historic winery and brandy distillery site in the middle of a working olive ranch; this winery is not open to the public, so most people don't know about this hidden gem right in the middle of the Valle de Guadalupe! Take a behind-the-scenes guided tour of the historic winemaking facilities, and climb the old distillery tower stairs to discover one of the Valle's most exclusive views.
- 12:00-12:30pm: Drive to Lechuza Winery
- 12:30-1:30pm: Enjoy five artisan wines while noshing on local artisan cheeses and organic cold-pressed olive oil right in the vineyards at Lechuza Winery, which was recently selected by the French Laundry in Napa for their Mexican wine list
- 1:30-2:00pm: Drive to Finca Altozano
- 2:00-3:30pm: Sit down for a campestre-style gourmet lunch served "al fresco" overlooking the vineyards at Finca Altozano, an outdoor eatery by James Beard nominated celebrity Chef Javier Plascencia (tasting menu share plates served family style; non-alcoholic beverage included; local wine & beer available for extra purchase; blankets available if it's chilly)
- 3:30-4:15pm: Tummy full, and pleasantly buzzed, sit back and enjoy the picturesque drive back to your tour's departure location at the Port of Ensenada
PRICE & BOOKING INFO
$149 per person - purchase now below. Space is limited and group tours typically sell out well in advance of the tour date. Inquire for group discount for six or more people. Price is per person. Book early to confirm your participation. Our tours are reserved and confirmed on a first-paid basis. When scheduling conflicts occur, priority is given to the customer who pays first. This culinary tour can accommodate vegetarians and pescatarians, but is not advised for strict vegans. Our scheduled group tours are not appropriate for bachelor/bachelorette parties - please book a private tasting tour for your wedding celebration group. BTK tours are 100% non-smoking/non-vaping. Tours run rain or shine. Must be 18+ years old to participate - minors will not be allowed to participate. Participation requires valid passport. Consult our Payment Terms & Conditions before purchasing.
All food and beverage as described in the itinerary above: two complete wine tastings, an artisan cheese and olive oil tasting at one winery, and a multi-course gourmet lunch overlooking the vineyards (tasting menu with share plates; non-alcoholic beverage included with lunch; wine & craft beer available for extra purchase) | Round-trip transportation in a well appointed air-conditioned tour vehicle from our designated meeting point at the Port of Ensenada | Your bilingual culinary guide is a knowledgable ambassador of Northern Baja California's wine and culinary scene | All itinerary times above except the start time are approximate and vendors may be substituted based on their availability | Tour guide gratuity is not included
BOOK THIS TASTING TOUR NOW
GROUP QUOTE, COUPON OR GIFT CERTIFICATE REDEMPTION, JOIN WAITING LIST IF SOLD OUT, & MORE INFO REQUEST FORM...
Groups of 5 or less, please purchase this tasting tour above. If you have a coupon or gift certificate code, if you are a group of 6+ paying together on a single invoice, if this tour is sold out and you'd like to join the priority waiting list, or for more information about this group tasting tour on April 26th, 2018, please complete and submit the inquiry form below before making your purchase...