CREATE UNFORGETTABLE MEMORIES ON THIS GUIDED BAJA CALIFORNIA WINE TOUR!
Sit back and enjoy the ride as we guide you through a mouthwatering exploration of Baja California's wine region. This same-day 'pay-as-you-go' group tour will deliver you from our designated border meeting point in San Ysdiro, California (at the Tijuana border crossing), with additional pick-up stops in Baja en route, to the Valle de Guadalupe Wine Region in Northern Baja California, Mexico. Your expertly curated tasting tour will make stops at three of Mexico's best boutique wineries that focus on award-winning handcrafted wines, as well as a leisurely stop for lunch at a chic farm-to-table campestre-style restaurant where you will dine "al-fresco" (weather permitting) overlooking the vineyards. Baja Test Kitchen tasting tours are designed for wine and food enthusiasts, and we've done all the planning and logistics work for you!
PAY-AS-YOU-GO ITINERARY: VISIT THREE OF MEXICO'S BEST BOUTIQUE WINERIES + STOP FOR GOURMET LUNCH OVERLOOKING THE VINEYARDS*
- 8:30-8:45am: Meet your bilingual culinary guide and driver at the designated meeting point on the U.S. side of the US-Mexico border in San Ysidro, California (the Tijuana border crossing). Your guide will walk the group across the border, through Mexican Immigration and Customs, to our tour vehicle awaiting on the Mexico side. It's an easy drive to the meeting point, or take public transportation (San Diego Trolley), taxi, or Uber (additional pick-ups north of Ensenada available by appointment)
- 8:45-9:00am: Cross the border on foot with your guide, through Mexican Immigration and Customs, to our tour vehicle waiting on the Mexico side
- 9:00-11:00am: Drive to Valle de Guadalupe, Mexico's Wine Country (stop for restrooms as necessary)
- 9:15-10:00am: Make additional stops en-route to Valle de Guadalupe to pick-up additional tour participants as necessary (we can generally accommodate pick-ups in Tijuana, Rosarito Beach, La Misión, North Ensenada, Valle de Guadalupe, and surrounding areas)
- 11:00am: Arrive at boutique winery #1
- 11:00am-12:00pm: Taste handcrafted wines and tour the winemaking facilities at boutique winery #1
- 12:00-12:30pm: Drive to boutique winery #2
- 12:30-1:30pm: Taste handcrafted wines and enjoy the scenery at boutique winery #2
- 1:30-2:00pm: Drive to restaurant
- 2:00-3:30pm: Enjoy a relaxing gourmet lunch served 'al fresco,' overlooking the vineyards at one of the Valle de Guadalupe's iconic campestre-style restaurants (dining reservations will be made at a communal table for our entire tour group)
- 3:30-4:00pm: Drive to boutique winery #3
- 4:00-5:00pm: Taste handcrafted wines and enjoy the scenery at boutique winery #3
- 5:00-6:30pm: Tummy full, and pleasantly buzzed, sit back and enjoy the picturesque drive back to the border in Tijuana, Mexico (interim drop-off stop(s) en route to border and stop for restrooms as necessary; your guide will drop you off directly in front of the entry to the pedestrian border crossing where you will cross by foot back into the U.S.)
- 6:30-7:00pm: After clearing U.S. immigration and customs, walk back to your car parked in San Ysidro, California, or catch the San Diego Trolley, taxi, or Uber (arrival time in San Ysidro is highly dependent on the actual border wait time, which varies - BTK has no ability to affect actual border wait time)
*This is a sample itinerary; once your tour is booked, you will receive an email with your actual itinerary; times are approximate and vendors may be substituted on the day of your tour based on their availability; Baja Test Kitchen will select the wineries & restaurant for your itinerary (special requests cannot be accommodated for public/group tours).
PRICE & BOOKING INFO
$99 per person - purchase now below. Space is limited and group tours typically sell out well in advance of the tour date. Inquire for group discount for six or more people. Price is per person in U.S. dollars. Book early to confirm your participation - our tours are reserved and confirmed on a first-paid basis. When scheduling conflicts occur, priority is given to the customer who pays first. This culinary tour can accommodate vegetarians and pescatarians. This scheduled group tour is not appropriate for bachelor or bachelorette parties - book a private tasting tour for your wedding celebration group. BTK tours are 100% non-smoking/non-vaping. Tours run rain or shine. Must be 18+ years old to participate - minors will not be allowed to participate. Participation requires valid passport and if applicable, a valid multiple-entry Visa or U.S. Resident Card. Consult our Payment Terms & Conditions before purchasing.
This expertly curated group tour includes round-trip transportation from our designated border meeting point to the Valle de Guadalupe wine region in an air-conditioned tour vehicle | You will visit three of the best boutique wineries in the Valle de Guadalupe with a stop for lunch at one of our favorite campestre-style restaurants where you will dine 'al-fresco' overlooking the vineyards | This is a transportation-only pay-as-you-go group itinerary and tour package | You are responsible to pay for the wine tastings, food, and beverages you consume while on tour | We will make wine tasting and dining reservations for the entire tour group at a communal table/space | Vegetarian options are available | Our winery and restaurant partners accept U.S. dollars, Mexican Pesos, and most accept major credit cards | Our bilingual culinary guides are knowledgable ambassadors of Northern Baja California's culinary scene | Tour guide gratuity is not included | Tours run rain or shine | This group tour is not available for bachelor or bachelorette parties; such groups must make separate arrangements to reserve a private tour vehicle | Must be 18+ years old to participate - minors will not be allowed to participate
TAKE NOTE BEFORE BOOKING & PAYING
This public group tour will run as scheduled when four (4) or more paid participants are registered for the tour. If less than four (4) paid participants are registered for the tour, we reserve the right to cancel your tour with 72-hours written notice (via email), in which case we will issue a full refund of your tour fees. Every tour participant must be at least 18 years old and carry a valid passport. Everyone in your group must agree to and sign the Baja Test Kitchen Participation Agreement (release of liability) at least three (3) days prior to departure. Please read our FULL Payment Terms & Conditions and Tour Policies before purchasing this tour. Your payment for this tour constitutes your full acceptance of the Terms, Conditions, and Tour Policies found on the Baja Test Kitchen website. Once paid, there are no refunds for this public group tour and rescheduling is subject to the policies and provisions for rescheduling found in our Payment Terms & Conditions. Failure to arrive at the designated meeting point on time will constitute your cancellation without refund or credit. This tour is not available for bachelor or bachelorette parties; wedding celebration groups must make separate arrangements to reserve a private tour vehicle (additional conditions and costs apply).
TOUR DEPARTURE LOCATION & ADDITIONAL PICK-UPS
For participants joining this tour from the U.S., you'll meet your culinary guide on the U.S. side of the border at our designated border meeting point in San Ysidro, California (the Tijuana border crossing). It's an easy drive to this border meeting point (with paid secure parking nearby), or take public transportation (San Diego Trolley), taxi, or Uber. Additional pick-ups en-route to the Valle de Guadalupe are available for participants staying north of Ensenada (we can generally accommodate pick-ups at your hotel or house rental in Tijuana, Rosarito Beach, La Misión, North Ensenada, Valle de Guadalupe, and surrounding areas).
BOOK THIS TASTING TOUR NOW
GROUP QUOTE, COUPON OR GIFT CERTIFICATE REDEMPTION, JOIN WAITING LIST IF SOLD OUT, & MORE INFO REQUEST FORM...
Groups of 5 or less, please purchase this tasting tour above. If you have a coupon or gift certificate code, if you are a group of 6+ paying together on a single invoice, if this tour is sold out and you'd like to join the priority waiting list, or for more information about this group tasting tour on July 8th, 2018, please complete and submit the inquiry form below before making your purchase...