CREATE UNFORGETTABLE MEMORIES ON THIS GUIDED BAJA CALIFORNIA WINE TOUR!
Sit back and enjoy the ride as we guide you and your taste buds through a mouthwatering exploration of Baja California's Valle de Guadalupe, Mexico's premier wine region. This expertly curated all-inclusive tasting tour will feature award-winning premium handcrafted wines, local artisan cheeses, cold-pressed organic olive oil, and farm-to-table regional cuisine from Mexico’s celebrity Chef Diego Hernandez at his chic campestre-style food truck eatery overlooking the vineyards. Baja Test Kitchen tasting tours are designed for wine and food enthusiasts, and we've done all the planning and logistics work for you!
VISIT THREE OF MEXICO'S BEST BOUTIQUE WINERIES + GOURMET LUNCH - AUGUST 25TH
- 8:30-8:45am: Meet your bilingual culinary guide and driver at the designated meeting point on the US side of the US-Mexico border in San Ysidro, California (the San Diego to Tijuana border crossing). It's an easy drive to the meeting point, or take public transportation (San Diego Trolley), taxi, or Uber (additional pick-ups in Baja, north of Ensenada, available by appointment)
- 8:45-9:00am: Cross the border on foot with your guide, through Mexican Immigration, to our tour vehicle waiting on the Mexico side
- 9:00-11:00am: Drive to Bajalupano Winery in the Valle de Guadalupe, Mexico's Wine Country (stop for restrooms as necessary)
- 9:15-10:30am: Make additional stops en-route to Valle de Guadalupe to pick-up additional tour participants as necessary (we can generally accommodate pick-ups in Tijuana, Rosarito Beach, La Misión, North Ensenada, Valle de Guadalupe, and surrounding areas)
- 11:00-12:30pm: Taste five boutique wines and nosh on local artisan cheeses at Bajalupano Winery (aka "Wine Factory"), a modern winemaking operation specializing in high quality small-batch wines, located on a historic winery and brandy distillery site in the middle of a working olive ranch; this winery is not open to the public, so most people don't know about this hidden gem right in the middle of the Valle de Guadalupe! Take a behind-the-scenes guided tour of the historic winemaking facilities, and climb the old distillery tower stairs to discover one of the Valle's most exclusive views.
- 12:30-1:00pm: Drive to Vena Cava Winery
- 1:00-1:30pm: Taste five artisan wines and organic cold-pressed olive oil at Vena Cava Winery; one of Mexico's top boutique wineries, this small boutique winery makes the house wine for Mexico's most notable chef, Enrique Olvera, at his flagship restaurants, Pujol in Mexico City, and Cosme in New York City; you'll tour the unique winemaking facilities at this one-of-a-kind architectural marvel, then taste their premium wines in perhaps the most unique cellar you'll ever experience
- 1:30-3:00: Sit down for a multi-course campestre-style gourmet lunch served "al fresco" overlooking the vineyards at TROIKa, the famed outdoor eatery of Mexico's celebrity Chef Diego Hernández, whose nearby flagship restaurant, Corazón de Tierra, is ranked in the Top-50 Restaurants in Latin America (curated multi-course tasting menu at TROIKa; share plates served family style; non-alcoholic beverage included; local wine & beer available for extra purchase; blankets available if it's chilly)
- 3:00-3:30pm: Drive to Pijoan Winery
- 3:30-4:30pm: Enjoy the late afternoon sun while tasting four Spanish-inspired handcrafted wines on the terraza at Pijoan Winery, a small family-run winemaking operation specializing in high quality small-batch wines; most people don't know about this hidden gem right in the middle of the Valle de Guadalupe that supplies wines to some of Mexico's best restaurants! Take a behind-the-scenes guided tour of the unique cava and winemaking facilities.
- 4:30-6:00pm: Tummy full, and pleasantly buzzed, sit back and enjoy the picturesque drive back to the border in Tijuana, Mexico (interim drop-off stop(s) en route to border and stop for restrooms as necessary; your guide will drop you off directly in front of the entry to the pedestrian border crossing where you will cross by foot back into the U.S.)
- 6:00-7:00pm: After clearing U.S. immigration and customs, walk back to your car parked in San Ysidro, California, or catch the San Diego Trolley, taxi, or Uber (arrival time in San Ysidro is highly dependent on the actual border wait time, which varies - BTK has no ability to affect actual border wait time)
PRICE & BOOKING INFO
$179 per person - purchase now below. Space is limited. Inquire for group discount for six or more people. Price is per person. Book early to confirm your participation - our tours are reserved and confirmed on a first-paid basis, and often sell-out well in advance. When scheduling conflicts occur, priority is given to the customer who pays first. This culinary tour can accommodate vegetarians and pescatarians, but is not advised for strict vegans. Our scheduled group tours are not appropriate for bachelor/bachelorette parties - please book a private tasting tour for your wedding celebration group. BTK tours are 100% non-smoking/non-vaping. Tours run rain or shine. Must be 18+ years old to participate - minors will not be allowed to participate. Participation requires valid passport and if applicable, a valid multiple-entry U.S. Visa or U.S. Resident Card. Consult our Payment Terms & Conditions before purchasing.
All food and beverage as described in the itinerary above: visit three of Mexico's top boutique wineries and enjoy a complete premium wine tasting flight at each winery; nosh on select artisan cheeses and cold-pressed organic olive oil at one winery; tour of the Mexican winemaking process at one winery; and enjoy an expertly curated multi-course gourmet lunch overlooking the vineyards at one of Mexico's chic campestre-style eateries (tasting menu with share plates; wine and craft beer available for additional purchase at lunch) | Round-trip transportation in a well appointed air-conditioned tour vehicle from our designated border meeting point, with additional pick-ups available in Baja, north of Ensenada | Your bilingual culinary guide is a knowledgable ambassador of Northern Baja California's culinary scene | All itinerary times above, except the start time, are approximate, and vendors may be substituted based on their availability | Tour guide gratuity is not included
TOUR DEPARTURE LOCATION & ADDITIONAL PICK-UPS
For participants joining this tour from the U.S., you'll meet your culinary guide on the U.S. side of the border at our designated border meeting point in San Ysidro, California (the San Diego to Tijuana border crossing). It's an easy drive to this border meeting point (with paid secure parking nearby), or take public transportation (San Diego Trolley), taxi, or Uber. Additional pick-ups en-route to the Valle de Guadalupe are available for participants staying north of Ensenada (we can generally accommodate pick-ups at your hotel or house rental in Tijuana, Rosarito Beach, La Misión, North Ensenada, Valle de Guadalupe, and surrounding areas).
TAKE NOTE BEFORE BOOKING & PAYING
This public group tour will run as scheduled when four or more paid participants are registered for the tour. While most of our tours sell out in advance and will run as scheduled, in the rare case that less than four paid participants register for the tour, we reserve the right to cancel your tour reservation with 72-hours written notice (via email), in which case we will issue a full refund of your tour fees. Every tour participant must be at least 18 years old and carry a valid passport. Everyone in your group must agree to and sign the Baja Test Kitchen Participation Agreement (release of liability) at least three (3) days prior to departure. Please read our FULL Payment Terms & Conditions and Tour Policies before purchasing this tour. Your payment for this tour constitutes your full acceptance of the Terms, Conditions, and Tour Policies found on the Baja Test Kitchen website. Once paid, there are no refunds for this public group tour and rescheduling is subject to the policies and provisions for rescheduling found in our Payment Terms & Conditions. Failure to arrive at the designated meeting point on time will constitute your cancellation without refund, credit, or rescheduling allowance. This tour is not available for bachelor or bachelorette parties; wedding celebration groups must make separate arrangements to reserve a private tour vehicle (additional conditions and costs apply to private tours).
BOOK THIS TASTING TOUR NOW
GROUP QUOTE, COUPON OR GIFT CERTIFICATE REDEMPTION, JOIN WAITING LIST IF SOLD OUT, & MORE INFO REQUEST FORM...
Groups of 5 or less, please purchase this tasting tour above. If you have a coupon or gift certificate code, if you are a group of 6+ paying together on a single invoice, if this tour is sold out and you'd like to join the priority waiting list, or for more information about this group tasting tour on August 25th, 2018, please complete and submit the inquiry form below before making your purchase...