CREATE UNFORGETTABLE MEMORIES ON THIS GUIDED BAJA CALIFORNIA WINE COUNTRY TOUR MOTHER'S DAY WEEKEND!
Sit back and enjoy the ride as we guide you and your taste buds through a mouthwatering exploration of Baja California's Valle de Guadalupe, Mexico's premier wine region. This expertly curated all-inclusive tasting tour will feature award-winning premium handcrafted wines, local artisan cheeses, cold-pressed organic olive oil, and farm-to-table regional cuisine from James Beard nominated celebrity Chef Javier Plascencia at his chic campestre-style eatery overlooking the vineyards. Baja Test Kitchen tasting tours are designed for wine and food enthusiasts, and we've done all the planning and logistics work for you!
VISIT THREE OF MEXICO'S BEST BOUTIQUE WINERIES + GOURMET LUNCH - May 12th - Mother's Day Weekend
- 8:30-8:45am: Meet your bilingual culinary guide and driver at the designated meeting point on the US side of the US-Mexico border in San Ysidro, California (the San Diego to Tijuana border crossing). It's an easy drive to the meeting point, or take public transportation (San Diego Trolley), taxi, or Uber (additional pick-ups in Baja, north of Ensenada, available by appointment)
- 8:45-9:00am: Cross the border on foot with your guide, through Mexican Immigration, to our tour vehicle waiting on the Mexico side
- 9:00-10:30am: Drive to Villa Montefiori Winery in the Valle de Guadalupe, Mexico's Wine Country (stop for restrooms as necessary)
- 9:15-10:00am: Make additional stops en-route to Valle de Guadalupe to pick-up additional tour participants as necessary (we can generally accommodate pick-ups in Tijuana, Rosarito Beach, La Misión, North Ensenada, Valle de Guadalupe, and surrounding areas)
- 10:30-11:30am: Taste four Italian-inspired handcrafted wines while enjoying the expansive Valley views and morning light from the sundeck at Villa Montefiori Winery
- 11:30-12:00pm: Drive to Lechuza Winery
- 12:00-1:30pm: Enjoy five artisan wines while noshing on local artisan cheeses and organic cold-pressed olive oil right in the vineyards at Lechuza Winery, which was recently selected by the French Laundry in Napa for their Mexican wine list
- 1:30-2:00pm: Drive to Finca Altozano
- 2:00-3:30pm: Sit down for an expertly curated multi-course campestre-style gourmet lunch served "al fresco" overlooking the vineyards at Finca Altozano, an outdoor eatery by James Beard nominated celebrity Chef Javier Plascencia (tasting menu share plates served family style; non-alcoholic beverage included; local wine & beer available for extra purchase; blankets available if it's chilly)
- 3:30-4:00pm: Drive to Vena Cava Winery
- 4:00-5:00pm: Taste five artisan small-batch wines and organic cold-pressed olive oil at Vena Cava Winery; tour the unique winemaking facilities at this one-of-a-kind architectural marvel
- 5:00-6:30pm: Tummy full, and pleasantly buzzed, sit back and enjoy the picturesque drive back to the border in Tijuana, Mexico (interim drop-off stop(s) en route to border and stop for restrooms as necessary; your guide will drop you off directly in front of the entry to the pedestrian border crossing where you will cross by foot back into the U.S.)
- 6:30-7:30pm: After clearing U.S. immigration and customs, walk back to your car parked in San Ysidro, California, or catch the San Diego Trolley, taxi, or Uber (arrival time in San Ysidro is highly dependent on the actual border wait time, which varies - BTK has no ability to affect actual border wait time)
PRICE & BOOKING INFO
$179 per person - purchase now below. Space is limited and group tours typically sell out well in advance of the tour date. Inquire for group discount for six or more people. Price is per person. Book early to confirm your participation. Our tours are reserved and confirmed on a first-paid basis. When scheduling conflicts occur, priority is given to the customer who pays first. This culinary tour can accommodate vegetarians and pescatarians, but is not advised for strict vegans. Our scheduled group tours are not appropriate for bachelor/bachelorette parties - please book a private tasting tour for your wedding celebration group. BTK tours are 100% non-smoking/non-vaping. Tours run rain or shine. Must be 18+ years old to participate - minors will not be allowed to participate. Participation requires valid passport and if applicable, a valid multiple-entry Visa or U.S. Resident Card. Consult our Payment Terms & Conditions before purchasing.
All food and beverage as described in the itinerary above: visit three of Mexico's top boutique wineries and enjoy a complete premium wine tasting flight at each winery; nosh on select artisan cheeses and cold-pressed organic olive oil at one winery; and enjoy an expertly curated multi-course gourmet lunch overlooking the vineyards at one of Mexico's chic campestre-style eateries (tasting menu with share plates; wine and craft beer available for additional purchase at lunch) | Round-trip transportation in a well appointed air-conditioned tour vehicle from our designated border meeting point, with additional pick-ups available in Baja, north of Ensenada | Your bilingual culinary guide is a knowledgable ambassador of Northern Baja California's culinary scene | All itinerary times above, except the start time, are approximate, and vendors may be substituted based on their availability | Tour guide gratuity is not included
TOUR DEPARTURE LOCATION & ADDITIONAL PICK-UPS
For participants joining this tour from the U.S., you'll meet your culinary guide on the U.S. side of the border at our designated border meeting point in San Ysidro, California (the San Diego to Tijuana border crossing). It's an easy drive to this border meeting point (with paid secure parking nearby), or take public transportation (San Diego Trolley), taxi, or Uber. Additional pick-ups en-route to the Valle de Guadalupe are available for participants staying north of Ensenada (we can generally accommodate pick-ups at your hotel or house rental in Tijuana, Rosarito Beach, La Misión, North Ensenada, Valle de Guadalupe, and surrounding areas).
TAKE NOTE BEFORE BOOKING & PAYING
This public group tour will run as scheduled when four or more paid participants are registered for the tour. While most of our tours sell out in advance and will run as scheduled, in the rare case that less than four paid participants register for the tour, we reserve the right to cancel your tour reservation with 72-hours written notice (via email), in which case we will issue a full refund of your tour fees. Every tour participant must be at least 18 years old and carry a valid passport. Everyone in your group must agree to and sign the Baja Test Kitchen Participation Agreement (release of liability) at least three (3) days prior to departure. Please read our FULL Payment Terms & Conditions and Tour Policies before purchasing this tour. Your payment for this tour constitutes your full acceptance of the Terms, Conditions, and Tour Policies found on the Baja Test Kitchen website. Once paid, there are no refunds for this public group tour and rescheduling is subject to the policies and provisions for rescheduling found in our Payment Terms & Conditions. Failure to arrive at the designated meeting point on time will constitute your cancellation without refund, credit, or rescheduling allowance. This tour is not available for bachelor or bachelorette parties; wedding celebration groups must make separate arrangements to reserve a private tour vehicle (additional conditions and costs apply to private tours).
BOOK THIS TASTING TOUR NOW
GROUP QUOTE, COUPON OR GIFT CERTIFICATE REDEMPTION, JOIN WAITING LIST IF SOLD OUT, & MORE INFO REQUEST FORM...
Groups of 5 or less, please purchase this tasting tour above. If you have a coupon or gift certificate code, if you are a group of 6+ paying together on a single invoice, if this tour is sold out and you'd like to join the priority waiting list, or for more information about this group tasting tour on May 12th, 2018, please complete and submit the inquiry form below before making your purchase...